What Are You Listening To Lately (Part 1)

3 Likes

Ulver: Entire discography

2 Likes

Possibly the best band

1 Like

I was actually about to write that. Thereā€™s a couple albums I donā€™t love (War of the Roses, for example) but some that practically changed my life (Nattens Madrigal and Perdition City). Thereā€™s also an album that kinda changed my life AND I donā€™t love (anymore), Kveldssanger. Blood Inside I didnā€™t love first but really, really like nowadays. Itā€™s such a megalomaniac album!

Should also buy the soundtracks that I donā€™t own yet.

Yes, best band!

1 Like

I love the first three and the last two albums, and really like most of what theyā€™ve done in between. Mark of a great band is that while you might not love everything theyā€™ve done you still understand why they did it. Ulver and King Crimson are two that come to mind.

1 Like

We seem to look at music in a similar way. Absolutely love both bands! To be honest, Iā€™m yet to ā€discoverā€ KCā€™s other two 80s albums after Discipline (which Iā€™ve always really liked) though.

2 Likes

In memory of Franco Battiato, passed away a few days ago, I listened lots of his masterpieces. He was very controversial in Italy and even his ā€œpopā€ songs were revolutionary; this is one of my favourite of all time. RIP Maestro

1 Like

This is easily one of my favourite albums of the year. Propulse for the win.

4 Likes
1 Like

Yeah my wife and I spent a pleasant afternoon in the garden listening to https://www.noodsradio.com/shows/the-internal-eye-an-hour-of-franco-battiato-31st-may-21

1 Like

2 Likes

Great playlist and radioā€¦ shock in my town is in the same album of the track above; one of the most experimental stuff from Battiato is in the debut album Fetus, highly recommendedā€¦

Haha thanks man!

Dataline + Studio79

2 Likes

Itā€™s summertime, let it loose.

3 Likes

no brainer buy

1 Like

Delicious sonority.

Just listened to a new Stars Of The Lid single on Spotifyā€¦felt like the emperor was barely dressedā€¦I liked it (3 track single ??) but only as much as Iā€™ve liked a lot of the stuff on the ā€œCurrent Soundsā€ thread. I donā€™t know if yā€™all are just exceptionally good on this forum, or if the gulf between pro and amateur is not so much a gulf asā€¦you knowā€¦luck/timing/having a seat at the table.

2 Likes

Is Stars Of The Lid pro? I think theyā€™re just a band or w/e who make good stuff and have seen the effort of touring. The old stuff is good but Iā€™m doubtful that they make a living from music.

Iā€™d say anyone from the current sounds thread could have a succesful indie career if they made full albums, toured a lot and kept churning out new music as much as possible. SOTL released a new album every year for 5-6 years when they were starting out.