What are the ugliest and most beautiful pieces of music gear?

It’s a very very nice synthesizer both visually and aurally, especially for a scifi-nerd like me. It looks like somebody brought it from the future.

Mine broke down in an unusual way. The second oscillator got stuck on one note. Whatever key you played the first oscillator played the note you pressed but the second oscillator always played the same note. I ended up selling it at a discount price as defective unit. If I had it now, I’d take it to some pro to get it fixed.

1 Like

Wow, did NOT see that coming! :flushed:

2 Likes

XL-7 is cute though.

5 Likes

Wow that’s a lot. Well a lot of good stories to tell then.

Now £80

4 Likes

The MOST Beautiful music gear for me is the DIGITAKT :slight_smile:

4 Likes

i don’t need it, but i’m definitely tempted for this price.

1 Like

Same here. I’ve been googling the specs furiously since Mokomo’s post.

1 Like

i’ve already studied the manual and figured out how i would do MIDI input.
but gave myself a few extra days to cool down. it’s many of them in stock at the moment, so a bit of extra thinking definitely won’t harm.

1 Like

The zoomtrack things are about 70GBP on DV247. They’re quite big though, not as small as you’d think. Bigger than Digis. They were 280.

1 Like

I wish there were the AR-96s too, but they’re sold out everywhere except Thailand.

I’m quite sure they’ll both eventually end up as sought after cult gear like Yamaha Tenori-on etc.

It’s funny that a company like Zoom ended up making something like this which reminds me of the Casio ”Millennium Falcons” and at the same time another department made a classic like the Livetrak -mixers which basically invented a new product class.

2 Likes

watched reviews on both.
48 has better (clearer) UI and MIDI out.

1 Like

I don’t think this counts as I don’t own or have even tried these, but my immediate thought when I read the title of the thread was:

Ugliest: Studiologic Sledge - Yellow

Most Beautiful: Studiologic Sledge - Black

3 Likes

this pic also should be here.

5 Likes

one of my MP7’s, his name is Jon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (in honor of Jon Lord, because he is my Hammond.)
appearance is not his forte, but what a sound! :black_heart: :black_heart:

2 Likes

Hope the Nova is the beauty :slight_smile:

Beauties in the top, ugly on the bottom

5 Likes

I kind of like the looks of Jon :purple_heart:

1 Like

i’m thinking on buying 4th Command Station (for spare parts) and reassembling Jon in yellow case.
because yellow paired with red (Boss VF-1) looks so much better.

That’s ugly!