What are Make Noise and Alessandro Cortini up to?

A little while ago AC was was with Tony at Make noise post tour and has since cryptically answered questions that there is more to come.

Sadly I don’t own a Strega, couldn’t afford it at the time and can’t currently justify the spend on it. That being said, I love love Strega. Really cool concept and can’t wait to see what they come up with next.

Obviously I expect it will be something intended to work with their current trio, especially the Strega.

There was talk of a “0-tape” a while ago and I like that idea. Seeing as AC religiously uses the tascam, I could see them looking to make some kind of tape machine/four track style thing.

I would love to see something like that with some echo saturation or distortion in it but maybe something useful for processing wouldn’t benefit the Strega.

Tell me what you all expect or hope to see. Interested to see various ideas!

3 Likes

Some type of mixer or mixer/recorder would be fantastic, but hard to imagine that they could fit something using actual tape in the 0- format.

I had a Strega for a bit and made a ton of samples of it before I passed it on… listened back to them the other day and it really does sound unique.

2 Likes

I expect they’d go digital, maybe down the morphagene route. Would be cool if they took a leaf out of Chase Bliss’s book and gave us something generation loss esque for degradation

3 Likes

A live looper/mangler in the 0 format would be cool

6 Likes

That was essentially the whole reason I put together a modular rack around Morphagene. I’d definitely trade the rack for an 0 unit.

2 Likes

What did you have in the rack?

I’d love another Make Noise Semi Modular! I love all their stuff.

1 Like

Morphagene, Clouds, utilities + filter. I also have an 0-Coast and A4 which I use for sequencing.

1 Like

2 pared-down, mono Morphagenes with separate cv controls over all things, bandpass filter on each channel, a little onboard Mimeophone action and some choice modulation (random).

5 Likes

I like this idea a lot. Hopefully something like this

1 Like

Cortini talked about about his original idea for a collaborative product a bit, but the price point was likely going to be much higher… even though I probably wouldn’t end up getting one I would love to see a really highend semi modular in the same space as the buchla easel or something. A half step between a synthi and an easel with its own flavor would be quite interesting.

1 Like