Well guys I finally put out a record at long last

Thank you! I’m trying to share it with people and don’t know where else to go…posted on subreddits like animal collective, beatles, flaming lips, psychedelia. idk.

Hey I found ya here :slightly_smiling_face:. Just keep at it. Actually selling an album is pretty difficult and can be a disheartening experience. But if perform at gigs you can drive traffic to your preferred vendor with a little shameless shelf promotion.

1 Like

I’m getting a band together to play these songs (and unrecorded songs in my head and on my phone) at the moment. Though its proving difficult to find a drummer…

But yeah I want to get out and play more for sure. My band basically broke up like two or three years ago and has existed in a limbo for that time.

1 Like

Well if this is what you can do without a band, you’ll be even greater with one!

It’s like it comes from an alternate universe, where The Beatles and Pink Floyd did an album together and Bowie popped in for a tune or two.

Very cool. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I did write some of these songs with a buddy of mine so we were a duo of sorts. He sings lead on the songs he wrote and I sing lead on the songs i wrote (besides chessboxing which was collaborative)

Even a lot of the melodies you hear in the various string and clarinet and flute parts are a combination of a bit i wrote and a bit he wrote…sort of picking up each other’s slack.

This is amazing, man. I really like your sound, it’s so nostalgic! I’m halfway through the album, you have really nice chord progressions. Desolations is amazing :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! My friend wrote that one. I think I helped him a bit with the lyrics and concept (i.e. different lonely characters similar to eleanor rigby) but it’s his. I remember when he first played me the first verse of the song nearly three years ago and I was instantly hooked…Good tune.

1 Like