Weird Behaviour: all track muted except one

Bumped into a really strange behaviour in my latest OT project:

Track 1 play even if muted, all the other tracks do not play at all…by triggers, by sequencer, no way to make them play again between the 4 parts.

I’ve tried to take a look at the arranger, pattern options etc…seems nothing strange there.
A possible bug?

Thanks

Is the track soloed?

1 Like

Check that you haven’t switched to midi-mode by an oversight, or that your mutes are not routed to the cue-outputs.

yes first track was soloed, probably activated by a random midi controller while I was setting up for the OT.
Took me days to figure out!

2 Likes

Random midi = random mess in the Ot.

well yes, but it was not voluntary…I was trying to connect my LCXL to the OT with the Cerebel USB but it can’t translate correctly MIDI values coming from LCXL and so the mess, so beware of Cerebel USB + LCXL

The LCXL is not Midi Class Compliant or you think its the Cerebel ?

LCXL = Lauch Control XL ?
It supposed to be Midi Class Compliant. Did you installed last Update ?

it is supposed to be but even with the last update there’s no way to make it work properly with the cerebel :frowning:

I have a Midi connection from Ableton to my OT and almost every time I turn on my setup one of my tracks is soloed. I couldn’t figure out yet what causes it but I am used to it by now. The first time it happened it also took me hours to figure out why I couldn’t get no sound.

I have exactly the same. Using my RME and sending Midi to my octatrack. Worldclock is out and all the settings are correct in the octatrack. Perhaps sending midi to the thru input instead of in?
Really fuckd up

You have to know what you send to OT.
Check appendix C of the manual.
Rme is a soundcard. Doesn’t help.
What do you want to do with midi and Ot, what software ?
Wordclock is for audio, not midi.
Thru is a midi output that reflects midi In input.
How can you say all Ot settings are correct ?

Sorry i’l be clearer. I’m sending midi from my RME midi port out via ableton and only sync mode on in the software. Still receaving strange midi messages. And in the octatrack i put al the right settings on. (i’m jusing it for many years and with my new soundcard it is troubeling.)

I put al the incoming message data off.

Ok it’s clearer.

thanks for the fast reply btw

I have a Rme Multiface. Older.
I would be surprised that yours sends Ccs by itself.
To be sure, I’d use a midi monitor.
I use Miditest for windows.

I have a RME UC and have installed midi monitor now. Going to try that.

Ok. Are you used to receive midi from Live, with another soundcard ?

Yeah with an MOTU.