We need a pattern management tool for building live sets

hmmmm?

No comment

3 Likes

I usually save the project in a different slot and then delete all patterns I donā€™t need. Then I sort them and eventually create a song. Less tedious to copy within a projectā€¦

4 Likes

Its a nice workaround but I usually have multiple projects from which I need to copy/paste patterns. And it would be so nice to be able to have a nice overview and some drag&drop capability in such a tool. I would love to see this become part of Overbridge at some point.

I SO agree with the OP on this one. This type of tool would be the ultimate addition to Overbridge.

1 Like

A universal pattern management tool would be amazing. Another workflow people might find handy: I usually use the first bank on my machines as a scratchpad, and when i get some patterns I like, I copy them to the other banks in their appropriate orders. Bank A is fair game for deletion, the others require thought beforehand.

5 Likes

Yeah I always leave some space between patterns so I can easily move around stuff. I also use the spaces to group patterns, which belong to the same chain.

1 Like

YES. Piece us together a new project from scattered patterns so we can instantiate live sets :wink:

DigiEdit!!

1 Like

To the Kickstarter?

4 Likes

I would defo spend bucks on something that would help me manage my elektrons

2 Likes

I have a hard time understanding your post mainly because the way I work is very different. Why donā€™t you record on your computer a live performance of you running through your patterns and messing up with various parameters? You need to practice a lot but then youā€™re ready for live shows and you got something much more dynamic than making a track connecting patterns on your DAW. Just sharing my way of work.

Link?! :smiley:

While there is overlap, Overbridge, (Octa/MD)Edit, and elk-herd are each focused somewhat differently, which lets each do its thing well with a UI aimed at its core functions. Iā€™m all for a thousand flowers!

Iā€™ve chosen to focus on machine management, rather than editing: So in elk-herd you can manage the sample and sound pools - but you canā€™t edit sounds. You can rearrange patterns, but you canā€™t edit trigs.

elk-herd already supports sample management on the Model:Samples and Analog Rytm. I could see next extending elk-herd's project management features to those devices and Digitone (though I donā€™t have either a DT or an M:S yet)

Because I perform them live on the DT, I donā€™t use completed backing tracks on stage.

Every session I practice I end up with 5 to 15 new patterns on my machine. When Iā€™m getting ready to perform a show, I want to curate these patterns downā€¦ I might have 50 to 100 patterns in two or three projects - and I want about 5 to 10 for an hour set, and they need to be set up ready to go for the live performance.

I wrote elk-herd for exactly the OPā€™s and my own use case: Pull things together for a live show from numerous projects and patterns.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for this, I also have patterns across multiple projects and was hoping for a convenient way to organize them into a new project for live shows. This is the only flaw these machines have IMO, file management is extemely outdated and limited and itĀ“s the same mess on a Digitone, so I think everybody is just waiting for this one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Because I am an all hardware guy. I rarely record. All I do is live. I am only interested in the moment of creation and being in the flow. I dislike building arrangements. I did this in the pastā€¦ Itā€™s super boring to me. I just create thats it. And if I would share, Iā€™d like to share in person at a live performance. Not in any digital media format. I would be the kind of person who would need a producer to do the stuff I donā€™t like doing. I spam ideas and sketches. On some days I fill my Digitone with 40+ unique patterns. Anything with a screen and mouse will disrupt my creative flow.

6 Likes

I have groups of patterns on several projects on my AK and AR. Being able to regroup them easily would be absolutely fantastic. Moreover the same app could be a very simple chain and song editor.
For people owning big machines would be far more easy to configure songs and chains and for people with digi machine could be a new ā€œcomputer driven song modeā€.

Maybe one day Elektron will add these features to the final version of TRANSFER (Elektron Manager) or maybe we are just daydreaming because the actual value of this utility tool would be understood just by existing and expert owners and not by potential new buyers.

1 Like

just gonna bump this up :smiley: - please include syntakt support for this much needed tool.

2 Likes

Just to bump this up again: anything new or known about some sort of pattern or kit manager especially for AR and A4?

2 Likes

bump! elektron, please give us a tool! i will not buy any new elektron gear until we have a tool to conveniently build live sets. at the moment the workflow is more a mindnumbing chore than anything else. i got all these sick patterns but simply donā€™t have the time to waste days and days copying patterns. especially copying patterns between projects is super crappy and takes very long. you create beautiful instruments to be used live and are missing the connecting link to take it to the next level.

1 Like