We need a pattern management tool for building live sets

So this is something feasible, interesting

Yeah it would be so great to have this kind of thing for the more recent devices… For me It has boiled down to just using the Digitakt/Digitone/Heat… It’s all I need really… Maybe Elektron could just add a pattern management-page to Overbridge

2 Likes

This in part sounds like what’s already happening on the DT with elk-herd.

4 Likes

Following out of professional curiosity… :thinking:

12 Likes

Elektron should hire @mzero and get this done for all their new products …I bet since he quit his dayjob he could do it in a few weeks.

1 Like

elk-herd 3.0 will do pretty much exactly this for Digitakt. The beta release should be out next week and supports importing patterns from one Digitakt project into another, bringing along all required samples and sounds, and renumbering all track sample slots and plocks so everything still plays the same.

The elk-herd 3.0 alpha that is out will let you do this for Digitakt. You transfer the project from your DT to the computer, rename patterns (and re-order them - as well as sample and sound pool reordering), and then send it back to the DT.

You can find it here: Elk-herd 3.0 public alpha

I estimate it would take me about two to three months per device. I have an Analog Rytm, but it is a much more complex structure so I’m not sure if I’ll do that next. If I had a Digitone, that would probably be pretty close in feel to the DT.

21 Likes

Nice work dude!
If you make this for Rytm I’d buy instantly.

7 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for pointing that out!

1 Like

@Elektron: Give this guy a Digitone for free so he can do his magic! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Octatrack has OctaEdit…
Machinedrum has MDEdit…
…. :thinking:

9 Likes

ElektronEdit!

4 Likes

Want!

2 Likes

+1

I d value this way more than OB audio streaming.

7 Likes

I would buy a rtym mk2 version no problem :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rusty?

@Rusty waves @Patch77

1 Like

hmmmm?

No comment

3 Likes

I usually save the project in a different slot and then delete all patterns I don’t need. Then I sort them and eventually create a song. Less tedious to copy within a project…

4 Likes

Its a nice workaround but I usually have multiple projects from which I need to copy/paste patterns. And it would be so nice to be able to have a nice overview and some drag&drop capability in such a tool. I would love to see this become part of Overbridge at some point.