We need a new, post-song mode Elektron Conspiracy theory

I heard about Kits for the Digitonetakt.
Well, the Digitonetakt will have faders too!

…meanwhile, no one talks about the real updatefeature…
syntakt offers legato and portamento now…

and next year around this time, some “digitrack” will replace octatrack…
instaed of the crossfader, it will feature a horizontal ribboncontroler with multicolourbacklights and will also feature never heard before granular trix…
rytm and a4 will be discontinued when this “digitrack” appears and from then on, all swedish devices come in that same mid size square metal box…
another year later, rytm and a4 will come back combined in one same footprint box…
and then comes the myx…analog heat meets mixer/recording interface and all kinds of fx sequencing full on plocking style…also in a square, just to be there…

no need for further guessing and conspiring…this is the way!

1 Like

Elektron, you do realise Elektronauts community is in total state of anarchy right? Please continue to collect these ideas.

1 Like

they clearly dislike polymetric patterns and think it’s a crime against music, that’s why THEY won’t fix the pattern change bug when using multiple elektron devices. :wink:

I think it’s quite obvious that the semi-modular approach that ended with Octatrack was determined to encourage too much neuron activation - the real conspiracy is already culminated: Song Mode was a ruse from the beginning to drive people away from OT to the Digi trio!!

Just before song mode was released, Elektron announced the ECC 5B sleeve for the Model series.

They didn’t sell any of these of course, and even worse: They accidentally ordered 10 times as much sleeves from a Chinese factory as they originally wanted.

Sales of the Model series already collapsed because the Syntakt was way more successful than anticipated. Complete warehouses in Estonia are fully packed with Models, waiting to be sold…

So to overcome this, they quickly developed song mode for the Digi’s in just two weeks (it has been available on the MD for more than 20 years, so they just copy/pasted the code, how hard can it be), to start their devilish but utterly clever marketing campaign.

Because with song mode added, all of the Digi’s became the complete standalone grooveboxes we always wanted them to be.

They will feel as premium instruments, and there will be not so much to COMPLAIN about. It will be easy for us to be PRODUCTIVE and finish tracks on these beatiful devices. They almost will feel… will feel… like a DAW :open_mouth:

Once we realise that, we all want to be genuine DAWless again. The songmodeless cool kids who never finish tracks and just post 10 second snippets to the Current sounds from your gear thread, with comments as:

• “Just recorded the analog output to a tapedeck”
  • “No song mode used”
  • “No post processing, just BIM -> BAM -> Heat -> Chase Bliss CXM 1978 -> SSL Six -> RME Fireface UCX -> Ableton Drum Buss -> Ozone 9”

So then we need Elektron gear without song mode right?

Spoiler alert

Next week the Model:Samples/Cycles will be on sale, including the new sleeve with a 50% discount.

8 Likes

Unconfirmed reports confirm engineering samples of a suspected new product, which could become the after-Octatrack-device: Tredecimtrack

I just wish they had called it “Arranger” to spite everyone

2 Likes

The OT is being discontinued.
Obviously, because “It’s white now” probably wasn’t going to be a convincing MkIII.

2 Likes

Elektronauts, while seemingly a last beacon for electronic musicians to converse, is actually full of AI generated bots that create posts based off of archival support tickets.

9 Likes

I got one - the colored fonts in the latest marketing materials are a hint at new screen designs on upcoming devices

They were actually Protons the whole time…

3 Likes

@DonovanDwyer would be very happy with a white OT

1 Like

That’s awfully synchronistic as I’ve been planning on painting my OT’s face plate and went from thinking of painting it black to instead painting it a pearl white and covering the decals w/neon paint to have it glow under a black light. @craig

1 Like

I got an anonymous tip that mkIII ain’t happening but a new flagship is about to fly…

Where is the downvote button

2 Likes

you got some money invested in a mkIII betting pool?

a tontine perhaps?

Just trying not to have this place spin out of control, there aren’t many safe havens left in this world

planet is spinning whether you like it or not sir isaac.

people are people