We All Play Synth - Tuesday 9th August, Bristol

Congrats! Glad it went so well for you.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the footage and would love to attend next time - have joined the FB group so I can be prepared.

2 Likes

still haven’t got the full recording, but here’s a brief clip of my set taken by my companion that night:

5 Likes

Fuckin A electro! That rules man!

1 Like

thanks so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome and please do get that link to the whole set if one comes available :0)

1 Like

It’s a pretty staunch turn out tbh, lots of heads, right kind of heads too :slight_smile: nice one fella :+1:t2:

1 Like

I haven’t heard that in about a decade and still remember the words

1 Like

Funny enough, I just searched it up within the last couple months for the first time in years. I also remembered all the words and mistakenly thought that the club night referenced in this thread was an homage of sorts. Kinda glad it’s not lol but still a special track…

got my hands on the audio from the night, it’s on Bandcamp here. still no video yet but i’m told it exists:

not the most remarkable music, although i’m pretty happy with the last track, this was really just an exercise in learning the Octatrack

5 Likes

full videoL

1 Like

Kudos for getting up and doing it, sounded great. :+1:

I’d find a way of getting your gear higher for the next one… might just be me, but it stresses me out thinking peoples’ backs must be killing them, and it looks ‘hunched’.

I had a skim through the video, the girl who finished the set was really good too.
Looks like a good night.

1 Like

haha yeah, you’re right about the height. i stayed for a few more sets but i felt really weird and spaced out after i played and found it all a bit intense so i fled to have a very quiet pint elsewhere before heading home.

cheerfully admit that my music was total bollocks - i only really like the last track, 10 minutes in - but i’m dead glad i did this, i would recommend that anyone who fancies a crack at playing live, track down your local Electronic Music Open Mic night and just have a go, they’re really supportive and you basically can’t do anything wrong

2 Likes

And, btw, the commentary on this video is pure gold. :partying_face::joy:

:joy: that’s my gf talking to Nick Ekoplekz who kindly turned up to morally support me. she’s not into electronic music at all but she came away very enthused by it all…

2 Likes

Listening now! This is great and you should do more. I’m going to give the video with everybody’s sets a spin later on.

Also went back to the original short video because I hadn’t noticed the commentary. Gold indeed!

1 Like