We All Play Synth - Tuesday 9th August, Bristol

It’s an electronic music open mic night, tonight from 7pm. 10 performers, each with a 15 minute slot. I’ll be playing my first ever live set, just me and my Octatrack (which I’m still learning lol). Pray for me!

11 Likes

That’s tonight! Hope it goes well and enjoy/have fun! Wish I could make it, I’m based in London and just cracked a beer :beer: :smiley:

1 Like

thanks! i have no idea what i’m doing! i will be playing various kinds of deeply unoriginal techno!

2 Likes

Ah man I was wondering when the next one was. I’m travelling today but would love to come along to the next one!

Any plans to capture it, Video/audio? …live stream would be cool :sunglasses:

they livestreamed the last one and posted the link on their FB page shortly before kick-off. and i think they archive them too and stick them on youtube

1 Like

i’ll be the nervous beardy guy with the Octatrack and the KLF t-shirt

3 Likes

Burn :fire: a fiver at the start of your set haha . In fact I’ve got some old tenners that the banks won’t change anymore…maybe I’ll do that on my 1st open Mike night

4 Likes

i’ve actually got a Thermos full of sheeps blood

4 Likes

Rampin’ it up, quality street tin full of pills too? Maybe I can make it there in hour after all….

3 Likes

standard

3 Likes

I understood that reference :nerd_face:

damn, it’s a reference? i don’t get it

There’s a line from a song about “hipsters” from like 10 years ago (the “Dickhead” song) that goes “I play synth… We all play synth.”

4 Likes

Not sure that’s going to narrow it down at a synth-nerd gig :wink:

6 Likes

it went great! i had fun!!!

11 Likes

Sounds like it was a blast! Nice one! Looking forward to hearing/seeing the recording :blush:

1 Like

it was techno by numbers tbh, i needed to have a go at playing live and everyone was so lovely, i didn’t really fuck up and it was so fun. onwards! upwards!

3 Likes

Great project by the way… Looking forward to the audio/video. Will definitely be at the next one if I can be back in the hood whenever it is

1 Like

Please give us a link when this happens!

2 Likes