Wavetable synthesis

Me too! I still don’t know how to set a file that stays in the folder 02 (Single Cycle)! I found a clumsy workaround, though.

@elektrosamplist, maybe you know how to prepare compatible single cycle waveforms?
I chose the most compatible option in UTILITY.

For the rest, I followed @elektrosamplist tutorial :
https://www.audiothingies.com/micromonsta/wavetable-tutorial/#

I changed base, set to 128 slices, sample length 512 IIRC.

Assign start to crossfader.

2 Likes

Basic setup.
FOLLOW TM trig mode, slots mode.
The poly thing comes from the Retrokits RK002 midi processor cable. It dispatches each note played by the keyboard to a different midi channel (1-6), corresponding to OT tracks 1-6.

4 Likes

thanks, much smoother, wonder why there’s a difference between turning the encoder start point and changing it with scene locks. surely the scene locks are still only transitioning between 128 start point values? or is something else going on here

1 Like

I don’t know! :content:
Maybe a workaround…

Sadly it limits wavetable use. Lfos don’t work smoothly either. You can modulate the crossfader with a midi lfo, midi loopback. Not convenient !

something something magic technology, Aldous Huxley was right.

1 Like

Any sample can be used as a wavetable!

12 Likes

It’s spec’d in the audioterm manual, 44.1k, mono, 128 to 4096 samples length, and loop length = file length

1 Like

Yep, thanks. The lack of loop point is probably the culprit, there’s apparently an option to ignore it in UTILITY but it didn’t work…

Reviving this old topic as I’ve been messing round with the OT all afternoon, followed some tips here and also some trial and error.

For best results on OT, I’ve found that wavetables that are 16384 samples long work best. That’s 128 frames with each frame being 128 samples in length. Using filters and maybe a neighbour track too, it’s possible to get some nice results. Parameter slides & LFO seem to work well for scanning through the table, and of course the crossfader which sounds nicest at this. 128 samples results in a detuned F so a bit of tuning is needed, and the crackly initial audio needs filtering (but this is quite reduced using the formatting I mentioned). Last time I tried this I failed miserably so it’s kind of exciting that this technique can work, I had written it off as ‘not worth the effort’.

Vivre le Octatrack! :nerd_face: :v:

7 Likes