Was it released too soon ? [compilation topic]

Thats correct. You could fix it yourself by oven baking the card :smile:

I think Apple also had something where the same laptop had 2 different screens. Some h/w revision had a crappy Sharp display and another h/w revision had a very good Samsung display in it.

Apple isn’t alone in doing this though. Samsung also sold the same model of phones with 2 different chipsets in them. One considerably slower than the other. Consumers had no idea which one they were buying.

I didn’t know about that one on laptops.
I did hear a issue with iMacs that at some point were being quietly released with lower quality screens but didn’t follow the case.

did you upgrade to OS 1.02?

This is Elektron’s site, it’s just not the primary official place to seek formal support … it’s a community run resource with their backing … it makes sense if we can help each other out and keep users engaged with their gear, it’s a sort of informal support half-way-house as I see it.

Elektron are responsible for the content on here which is why it is actively moderated, but as good as all of the moderation is done without any intervention, it’s just that we sometimes reach out for clarity on the most contentious material. Perhaps I will be corrected on the above, but that’s how I see it … the administration, hosting and moderation team selection is arranged by Elektron … their main Elektron.se site is the main place for official interactions and feedback … @ tagging staff here isn’t really the way to go, responses will be on a discretionary basis and you can see they do make the effort to chime in and contribute quite frequently, time permitting

PS : A reminder, not only has this thread, like most others, gone way off topic, but it’s also descending into bickering again … flag the stuff that bothers you. Guidelines covers it all

8 Likes

That’s getting a little personal.

The whole you are a negative person arguement is not very cool.

Critical thinking is what is surely missing in this strange smileordie world.

Critical Thinking - Noun: the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment.

Nowhere does that mention negative. Or positive. It’s objective. I find people use the phrase “critical thinking” so they can justify being negative. When you are objective, you can also point out the good in things. But if you are constantly negative, then I personally don’t consider that “critical thinking”. I think of that as… “negative thinking” *shrug

1 Like

"There have been several threads about wrong buttons in wrong places in DT as well as some buttons being sticky etc. Also many have complained about encoder values changing slightly automatically. That does not seem like excellent build quality.

Hopefully they are able to correct the software errors, some of the problems seem like the unit may be underpowered for what it’s doing."

This is critical thinking. This is what I am referring to. It has been referred to as ‘negative.’
Read the thread.

The thread title/?? implies critical thinking, i.e was it released too soon?

The facts and critical thinking suggests: yes, indeed, very much so.

Any judgment will ultimately be: a subjective judgment. Your own “justify to be negative” comment is actually a subjective comment.

Well let’s end this thread and move on :slight_smile:

with a Poll answering the question? Or does everyone already judge: that the DT was released too soon.

No, “everyone” does not.

1 Like

Ok cool, thats fine, your opinion.

For those who believe it was released to soon, let’s not call them negative…

seriously bad sign that they’re too busy working on new products to get this one actually working right…

Yeah what’s with people confusing critical thinking with being negative? that’s such a negative attitude if you think critically about it.

1 Like

Misplaced buttons is an assembly problem. The encoders behaving too finicky is a software issues. Both have very little to do with the build quality of the actual unit. It’s like saying a car is built badly because someone put the windscreen wipers on badly.

1 Like

Has anyone compared the encoders on the DT to the previous machines? The screen is an obvious improvement but I remember them mentioning the encoders having a upgrade too.

They are different in feel and usage. It also has some kind of acceleration like with computer mice. The quicker you twist the faster the values move. They’re really precise due the DT having decimals/higher resolution. Normally you only have values between 1 and 127. On the DT most values go from 1.00 to 1.99 and so on. A lot more control. I had to get used to them compared to others but they feel and work great.

1 Like

I have briefly used DT encoders and own Analog Four, and personally I certainly prefer the old encoders. It’s difficult to dial precise adjustments with the new encoders.

At least A4 has plenty more values than 1 to 127…

1 Like

You have to turn them slower than normal because the DT has a higher resolution. I think these new encoders should have a config section in the menu so everybody can adjust how quick/slow they respond personally. It will greatly improve the experience.

Oh, okay.

1 Like

Thanks guys I will demo one asap.

I don’t think it was released too early but missing some glaring options “accent” pretty niffy for techno and house folk elektron (nods) x

That was a software issue which they fixed in 1.02

Some people in here don’t like the DT and instead of doing something useful they waste their time arguing with people. They conflate a lot of things which makes any meaningful discussion impossible. They already got their mind made up: the DT sucks and nothing will change it.

1 Like