Was it released too soon ? [compilation topic]

Decimal points :sunglasses:

You may think there’s not difference between a value at 100 or 101. But when you have decimal steps in between those 2 values you will hear it. The DT has this kind of resolution. 55.23 sounds different than 55.70. I like it, you just need to turn the encoders slower/with more care than on the other boxes.

From what you read… From what I’ve seen and felt it is rock solid. Doesn’t feel cheaper than my other Elektron boxes. Anyways, I’m not here to debate other people’s opinions. IF you think it’s cheap and not up to par; don’t get one. It is really that easy.

Try to focus on what I’m writing instead of me. I am happy to admit being wrong in case I am, it has happened before. :slight_smile:

Have you touched a Digitakt and compared it to other elektron boxes?

If not, you are just assuming stuff without any good arguments really.

When have I ever attacked a person here? I am discussing Digitakt, no-one should take that personally.

I raised a question about build quality and gave some points why I feel that it might be lacking. How is that so wrong?

I have used Digitakt at a synth meet a while ago. I also own Analog Four.

Repost just so more people might see this:

He sounds annoyed

He just sounds busy to me, Simon is a nice guy and has been very helpful, responsive, and friendly in the past both on the forum and through support…

8 Likes

Yep, what Mike said.

2 Likes

The encoders imo are not where they should be yet, the ability to select low choice parameters was resolved with the update but fine tuning takes several attempts every time for me, mainly because it is possible to move the encoder so slowly it doesnt register at all, but can also jump 2 or more places with the slightest change in pressure.

4 Likes

maybe stressed would be a better word if we are parsing semantics

1 Like

Agreed. The “I’m slowly twisting my knob” speed is too high. The faster rates feel great, but the small increments are difficult.

He is human! :slight_smile:

I literally had the same issue (to FL no less) too! LOL. My AR came without a PSU, Elektron emailed back within an hour of me submitting a ticket acknowledging a batch of them got shipped without PSU’s and sent me one overnight. I had it less than 24 hours later from Sweden to FL.

My one and only encounter with Elektron CS so far has been superb.

1 Like

The build on my DT seems just fine. I haven’t noticed any sticky buttons, duplicate buttons, or buttons in the wrong location. I can also live with a few bugs for a little while, as long as Elektron is making progress in an acceptable time frame.

Having said that, if there isn’t another update in the next two weeks that addresses a decent number of the problems that so many are having, then I’ll probably return my unit to Sweetwater, and then maybe pick it up again somewhere down the line if/when it’s a properly functioning drum machine.

Can confirm this.

Also have to add that I didn’t read any annoyance in his post. This forum is just that, a forum. We’re lucky Elektron employees post here at all. To my knowledge they don’t have to. Unless Elektron is running this community now.

I don’t know about this place for sure, but the old forums were run by Elektron fans not the company itself. I looked in to this forum software and it costa a lot of money. So maybe they do run this forum I really don’t know :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Agree.
Apple might have their vision and build stuff their own way but their CS is absolutely top notch.
I have had 2 laptops replaced on the spot while one of them was out of warranty. No questions, swapped for new. Same with my iPhone 6s. 9 weeks after warranty I started to experience random shutdowns. Went to apple store, walked out with a brand new unit.
Their vision might not fit yours but to me their CS is unrivaled.

I’m sure it’s been said: If you do not own one, and have an opinion on the bugs… it’s honestly an uninformed opinion. The DT is my first Elektron device. I am enjoying the hell out of it! I have never had a product, EVER, that never freezes. I have Ableton crashing for seemingly no reason occasionally, but I get it up and running quickly. Ableton is solid, but still gets updates… if you go through the version logs, many updates address specific crash or freeze instances. I do and will continue to use Ableton on stage.

Do I think the DT is stage-ready? On days when I’ve had it on for 4 to 5 hours, sampling and making songs out of 5 to 10 patters, sending midi to my Moog and Ocoast without crashing – yeah, I do! On days when it’s been on for 20 mins and crashed after plugging in my OP1… I’m weary… But that’s true of Ableton too!

I know I’m new to this forum, and this is one of my first few posts. I’ve just been reading so much hate for a thing without real knowledge of a thing for many subjects in and outside of music production. This behavior is a weird internet phenomenon, and I encourage us all to rise above it and think critically about our engagements.

9 Likes

If I remember correctly it was due to the GPU literally frying in there.
They denied it publicly but my brothers unit was affected and it was swapped at apple store on the spot.
The two times my laps died was (apparently) logic board issues/overheating as I used it to render stuff haha.
I don’t really like using apple but plenty of my clients do so I need stuff like motion and so on to exchange files.
Nothing beats a nice custom PC for my taste :slight_smile: