Waldorf Quantum

Not yet, mainly because of the pandemic vs jam sessions. The reason I want the Iridium it’s just easy and compact to carry with me.

2 Likes

That’s part of the appeal for me too.

Have the Quantum in my main room & take the iridium wherever i go.

1 Like

The Quantum can cover a lot of territories. Don’t forget one essential thing: Quantum/Iridum have SAMPLES & SAMPLING capabilities. That’s huge. Therefore, you can cover a lot. But in the other hand, Polybrute and UDO are true analog synths. And even if the Quantum can do a lot, it’s digital. You can mimick analog stuff as I did here with some CS-80 basses, strings, etc…
As I said to a lot of people, if you want a killer combo, get a Quantum/Iridium (for samples, wavetable, resonator), and get a true great analog: Rev2 / P6 / UDO / PolyBrute are perfect candidates. When I play with Quantum and UDO and/or PolyBrute, I’m high in the sky, in another dimension. That’s a perfect match, really.

4 Likes

Thanks again.

Always good to hear your perspective.

Can you change the filter type with an lfo or other modulation source?

Thanks

No, not possible from within the modulation bus. Not sure if it can be done via Midi CC either.

1 Like

Thanks

Wondering if someone who got Q received M as well?
If so how Different do u find them?
What’s your impressions?
Can’t decide between one so searching for more info

What´s valid for the Iridium vs M is also valid for Quantum vs M:

May the force be with you.

1 Like

thanks, yes I’ve seen it.
wanted to hear more personal feedback…

He summarized it pretty well. I have both and IMHO he is spot on the differences.
Quantum/Iridium great workshorse with a huge range of sounds and a stunning great different synthesis algos and filters, plus studio graded fx. Some might find the huge amount of features intimidating, but still want the Waldorf Wavetable sound…than M should be considered.
M - great wavetablesynth, with a dirty, earthy sound. Not as versatile, but also excellent sounding without FX. The lack of many of the features of the Quantum/Iridium might be a problem for some…than they should consider not buying the M but Quantum/Iridium.

They overlap soundwise, but also can sound very different. If possible, get both. They are worth it.

1 Like

Finally found a great demo without any typical atmospheric pad sound.

3 Likes

I see that you can buy through the Reverb Korg USA Warehouse, the Quantum 7” touch screen part.

A little pricy, but if you felt your Quantum is a forever synth, this might be something to buy and squirrel away.

They also have the Quantum front panel control board, for a little less money. Lots of stuff available from the Korg Warehouse, i’m still looking.

Note: On the front panel they misspelled Qauntum, probably accidentally ?

700 bucks for the screen? That is straight up robbery.

Rob has released a new firmware that is totally a game changer

2 Likes

I have it downloaded but have yet to get to give it a try. I also heard they changed key groups for the better.

1 Like

I just bought the iridium keys. Now I’m punching the air. Lol

wow, i’m so keen on the quantum. unfortunately too poor.

what do you all do here professionally that you can treat yourself to such a dream synthesizer!?

i would come sweep your yard for waldorf for a year in exchange for a quantum.

The upgraded look of the mk2 looks really nice I think… kind of sad to see the old waldorf logo go though… nice to see it become the total flag ship again, without the odd tradeoff between it and the iridium keys.

1 Like