Waldorf Quantum

hmmm, lucky one, wouldnt wonder if they gift one to you to design some more sounds… :), tell me if you got a spare one some day :wink:

1 Like

Yes I’ll be making new factory sounds for Quantum and STVC… I did the Pulse 2 etc… first patch in Pulse 2… Tech Stab RL :grinning:
I always loved Waldorf synths Iv’e been sound design and beta test since 2007.

I will make more sounds for Blofeld and Pulse 2 in 2019 too

6 Likes

Nice :slight_smile:

As I dont use presets I also do all my patches by myself… the Blofeld is a masterpiece to sink time into :slight_smile:

this as example (dont know where to use such thing except demoing where the Blofeld can take one):

2 Likes

not a machine for me , i’d buy an entire new studio for 4k and have money left over for a holiday.
and if i spent 4k on a synth that ever developed a fault or had firmware bugs and features missing from launch , i’d go fu@$ing mental . (i have no idea if there are any bugs or issues , i’m just judging it based on their previous hardware like blofeld , which is a simpler device with a variety of hardware and firmware faults )

if anyone makes music from this which sounds innovative and ground breaking , genuinely interesting , i may look at it again but even then i doubt it’s the synth , it’ll be the user / work involved in writing the music.
if i ever won one , i’d sell it straight away… if ‘you’ (anyone) buys one i hope it fulfils everything you think it can.

1 Like

everyone to his/her own :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I get the KYRA i’ll post sound examples during testing but so far I only know about Quantum and STVC needs test and sounds in 2018…

3 Likes

that would be really nice, if I can afford the Kyra I think I would buy it instantly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your newer stuff on Youtube is really excellent Astrolab. (Like for instance KyooyK #01 but the others too.) This is the sort of thing i was looking toward the Quantum to do.
There are other worlds in the Quantum.

1 Like

Thank you Jukka! I’ve uploaded new vids on YouTube :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not so sure about that. Care to share some data ? (Number of employees ?)

i would love to see an Elektron Quantum

How big is big?
They are no one man band, but no Yamaha either

That’s why I’m asking, I thought you had some insights. I did the research and it’s probably less than 20 permanent employees and a few freelancers. Excluding sound design and manual works, the Quantum dev team is 4 persons. 1 software developer, 2 persons for the hardware and 1 product designer (Axel Hartmann !).

Okay – now @Astrolab has combined the ‘Q’ with the Modor NF-1, Jomox Alphase, Digitone, PolyEvolver, Montage, Digitakt, Octatrack, and TR8-s in one performance.

And it all works and blends together beautifully and seamlessly – which is quite an accomplishment.

Anything specifically about the performance, and technical side of this Astrolab. For instance did you feed audio between units like into the ‘Q’ or into the Octatrack, or etc.

BTW – Nice volcano shots with the guy in the flame suit looking like an astronaut!

12 Likes

Fabulous this! Not long before I have my Quantum I can’t wait after hearing this.
Are you sequencing with your Digitakt? This is the best demo Iv’e heard yet. I have the TR8s too but not sure I like it haha

Rob

1 Like

Watched/listened to that yesterday. So good!

1 Like

Hi Jukka, hi guys!
Thank you very much for your comments, much appreciated.

In the video/session, the Quantum is just playing on its own: it’s a bitimbral patch i’ve made with 3 oscillators per part (timbre), lot of modulations to make the sound evoluting.

And then i’ve played a chord that is « latched ». During the session, some modulations are modified with a foot pedal. And… that’s it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There must be another batch of Quantum’s as Waldorf just sent me the UPS tracking number for mine it’s been dispatched I should have mine Monday at the latest.

Rob

1 Like

This is absolutely stunning and awesome! Wohaaaa :slight_smile:

Just received my Quantum via UPS but I wasn’t home so the daughter signed for it… Unit looks fine but see the pic attached…grrr snapped power supply

So I can’t try mine yet argh!!! Can I go out and buy a new lead? What voltage etc?

Any help would be great I waited ages for this coming

Cheers

Rob