Waldorf Iridium Keyboard

You might upgrade a processor, and that sort of thing, while you’re at it. You make the cost / function decisions all over anytime you do a major product revision like this.

I wonder if this has any extra outs. Hard to tell but I’m doubtful from the video. I don’t use the two layers on my iridium much because it all comes out one stereo output.

Connections:

• 2x TS output
  • 2x TS input
  • Headphones output with Gain control
  • DIN MIDI In/Out/Thru
  • USB Type B for MIDI connection to computers / DAWs
  • USB Type A for direct connection of storage devices and MIDI controllers
  • MicroSD slot
  • Kensington® lock

CV connections:

• 4 CV inputs plus Gate In, Trigger In, Clock In, Clock Out
  • Inputs can be used as modulation sources in the Mod Matrix
1 Like

Lovely. Waldorf is on a roll…

1 Like

A drumsynth as addition an we all are happy

3 Likes

Great stuff! Really nice video by Matt Johnson:

Cant find the price though…

3 Likes

It certainly looks cool. And it gives me hope they will do an M Keyboard.

1 Like

Yeah, really great looking design on it… I think it might be visually the best looking Waldorf currently in production. Seems they got rid of the RGB puke that splattered the pads on the desktop iridium and the knob lights on the quantum. Just looks like nice clean design work. Still kind of wish they released a midi controller featuring this new keybed as I would certainly like a high end poly touch keybed just not ready for a new synth.

2 Likes

Yeah, it does look good. I like the size and layout. And I am not a person who needs big boards, so 3-4 octaves is great for me, and this one has 4.

Interesting choice since the Quantum exists. I do prefer smaller (less than 61 key) keyboards.
I sold my iridium after about 3 or 4 months with it. It’s definitely nice and very powerful but I hated the way that you edit Kernel mode which is the most exciting and interesting part of the iridium IMO. It was cool but at the time super glitchy, I don’t regret selling it at all, I swapped it for a TI polar and I’m happy with it. I could imagine picking up another one if they sort out the OS

Can’t believe these are already in stock at Thomann!

£2439

The first iridium I owned was super glitchy. I swapped it out for a new unit. My second iridium unit has been rock solid for the nearly one month I’ve had it with near daily use. I’m using the latest beta OS. I wonder if the keyboard ships with OS 3.0?

Yep I hope so!

Do I want this? It has an arpeggiator and midi which are my only “must haves” … all the other stuff is icing on the cake, my “need” is a hardware poly synth… I’ve been using serum for poly doodies since 2014… but iridium keys is a lot of currency and looks kind of complicated.

MPE + PAT = no-brainer. I got it from Thomann at $2685.

2 Likes

It’s $3800 USD at Sweetwater, and other US retailers.

I see about the same price as you blipson at Thomann.

The price on the Quantum had the same disparity in the past too. I always attributed it to the US distributor for Waldorf, which is still Korg i think.

So despite the hassle of a return to Germany, if there was any problem, that looks like the way to go.

Of course, I’m going to have to pay about 20% customs duty.

I was expecting to get fleeced when I bought the Iridium from Thomann, UPS charged me $38. Paid online the day before it was delivered.

I’ve gotten lots of stuff from Thomann, and it’s all gone smoothly. Until just now: my bank is rejecting the payment for some security reason. Because it’s the weekend, it might be a few days to resolve, and who knows how many Thomann has in stock.

1 HOUR LATER: It’s fixed.