Waiting for our Syntakts to arrive

Another Philly area guy here, mine is stuck in Germany too. I was hoping to have it for the weekend, but no idea when it will arrive.

1 Like

Awesomesauce.

@abentin I feel your pain. I have an especially open weekend this week and I was really hoping to spend it with the ST.

Syntakt from Thomann finally there! And with a scratch on the front panel :sob: Time to open a ticket.

Played a bit with it, so far impressions are a bit mixed:

• Machines are more limited than what I thought, but there’s still a lot to play with using filters, env and lfos. It’s also a good thing for focus.
  • I’m really surprised by the lack of dual mono inputs option like in DT/DN! Hopefully this will be fixed with an update.
  • Mod channels are fun, should be great for live expression and tweaks as it can be sequenced too.
  • I need more testing, but the sound seems to have less space and width than on DT/DN, again a bit of a surprise.
  • I really miss the DT compressor to give some breath to the sound, but I have yet to play with the analog reverse amp.
3 Likes

They’ve done me wrong man

1 Like

FedEx promised an update by 1 PM local time.

As far as I can tell, their update is that they have no idea when it will arrive, and no idea when they will be able to tell me when it will arrive.

2 Likes

It’s there. You have to go in the Settings to set it. It was my first request for the Syntakt.

3 Likes

Hotboxin’

25 Likes

Clips? Are you in the beta

OK- just ordered an ST from Elektron, so we’ll see how long it takes. All for science.

I really like what I’m hearing, and prefer the DT sized buttons and layout vs the DN. If the ST works out, it may replace the DN in my setup.

1 Like

There is no spoon.

Syntakt Delivered. I guess I know how the evening and weekend will look for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mine just arrived. Can’t wait to dig in!

ST will not replace DN unless you were using DN just for transient sounds mainly drum and noise

1 Like

Only one way to find out :slight_smile:

The DN is great, and may likely end up with the digi-trinity (currently have a DT and DN)

Yes best way is try it out like I am doing

So far I don’t think it is the best Elektron to date

UPDATE: my Syntakt has arrived at Long & McQuade and is ready for pickup. Should be a fun weekend!

3 Likes

Dieter says delete.

1 Like

I’m thinking maybe I should cancel my order at Moog and get one directly from Elektron… I’m going abroad in two weeks and god knows when they will get another batch :neutral_face:

I would call Moog first to see if they have any ETA.

I did and as you said, they have no idea. He just told me that they only got 22 on the 80 units they have ordered.

13 Likes