Vladislav Delay - he's back!

I can’t be the only one dismayed when Ripatti disappears periodically, but I’m certainly happy to see he’s back again. Dude can certainly play a mixer too.

26 Likes

Amazing musician! Glad to see him back, especially as I read an interview with him some time ago where he stated being somewhat tired of electronic music production…:’(

read an article interview recently where he talks about going on a 5 yr self imposed isolation so he could be there while his kid was growing up. still worked on music but didn’t tour. so that 5 yrs is up and i guess he’s going to do some shows again

Maybe I missed that. He definitely periodically, and somewhat dramatically, disappears/quits bothering to share what he’s working on only to return. He seems to have mixed feelings on what ‘the point’ is. Just happy he is sharing again.

1 Like
7 Likes

I guess this is the album they made in Jamaica. Occasionally borders on elevator-jazz, but it is super-high-quality stuff. I must admit I’ve never heard of this guy before, but there isn’t a higher bragging-right than having Sly&Robbie on your CV.

5 Likes

One of the all-time greats. The opening track in this set is basically the kind of music I wish I could make.

1 Like

I mean, life means different things to different people, and even internally that changes from year to year. that much i get!

1 Like

Absolutely. Didn’t mean to imply I had any issue with that. The rollercoaster of life affects us all differently :slight_smile:

1 Like

love Vladislav <3 hope he releases some new material soon
wondering how he’s using the OT in this setup…

2 Likes

Wow. Amazing performance.

Anyone know what he’s using onstage besides the mixer? Sounds like a lot of buss feedback and realtime looping… Octatrack?

oh yeah new album is coming

8 Likes

wow that was a mid afternoon trip! not sure if i hated it or loved it, but definitely want to hear again. and that’s just track 3, will have to listen to rest, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Definitely something new. I like it.

1 Like

i remember the auction of his MachineDrum MKI with some kind of moded / rack i really like his music good to see him back

I like it. Industrial.

Will check this out tonight…

This is a very different Vladislav Delay than I remember from his releases on Mille Plateaux and Chain Reaction around the turn of the millennium.

1 Like

yeah. Really different.

Hmm kind of an underwhelming track imho