Virus LCD with weird/poor viewing angles, any ideas?

I’ve got an Access Virus Indigo, which I think has had a fairly hard life. I picked up for an absolute bargain and it works fine so I’m not worried, but I wondered if anyone had come across the same issue as me.

The LCD has evidently been replaced by an aftermarket one with a “brightness” knob on the back (the contrast setting in the menu doesn’t do anything any more) and really strange viewing angles - basically none of the brightness settings allow you to read it well from all angles. If I have it “bright”, I can’t see it from both leaning over and from sitting back - it washes out totally. Having it “dimmed” is a bit better but then has a point where it’s almost invisible instead of washed out. I’ve attached a few pics from different angles and at different settings to show what I mean.

Just wondered if anyone had seen this before and/or had any clever hacks to make it better or anything! I might replace it with a new screen off eBay one day, but I don’t use the synth that much and it’s not a massive deal so equally I might just live with it…