Vermona Retroverb Lancet

Yes obviously not like for like but, i never liked the ‘Sound’ of the Heat. I tried 3 times!

Enjoy!

1 Like

Genuinely my favourite “make betterer” tool - I love it to bits. At the time it cost more than any of the the synths I had but it made all of them sound so much better it was like I leveled up every sound source I owned

6 Likes

Question for the more experienced Retroverbers, send or insert? How do you like yours?

Direct input like it’s part of the same machine as whatever I’m putting through it.

1 Like

I will have a play with that tomorrow.
Had some time with it today, mostly as send on my mixer, then hooked up to the OT.

A direct input or insert on a single channel might be the way though.

Tis a damn fine box of endless sounds!

3 Likes

Retroverb on an insert, Quadraverb on a send and Heat on the master.

You animal.

4 Likes

Its disgusting isnt it.

Then I run it all into a knackered little battery powered tascam with only a mini jack input.

2 Likes

They’ll all be using these in 10 years.

3 Likes

Vermona Retroverb Lancet is a beautiful box! Beautifully sounding filters but it’s mono. Heat is much more of a utility box, it can do so much more, it’s brutally focused if you need it to be, i can’t replicate it with plugins, especially 3d-ness of a filtered sound with a bit of a resonance. It also my makes Lyra recordings stereo (mk2)! If i record Lyra as mono it’s not the same even if i use a stereorizer it still sounds better when it’s applied on a stereo file from AH.
Vermona is much better if you’re bored and don’t know what to do with yourself :slight_smile: …AH is for serious studio work!

2 Likes

Desperately trying to get that octatrack sound.

2 Likes

Have it as a pre-fader send from my Hexmix for modular use. The Heat I use via OB in the DAW.

1 Like

I once made a demo-video with guitar. I think it’s a very flexible unit with a wonderful filter.

6 Likes

After some very intense few days doing not much but retroverb, Ive gone for using it as a prefader send on the mixer.

2 Likes

I have to say that I’m a fan - so much that I assembled a stereo pair of them. I’m also considering modifying them to include switches and RCA jacks on the back so you could connect external tanks). I originally had a unit with a 24XXX serial paired with a newer 26XXX serial. This didn’t work well at all because though the reverb tanks shared the same code, the newer one had a much longer decay. I returned the 24XXX and got a second 26XXX (which happened to be a sequential serial number from a different retailer) and they are nearly perfectly matched.

19 Likes

Really excited, just picked one up from perfect circuit, should get here tomorrow! No idea how I’ll get along with it, but the demos are beautiful and it looks like a really unique box.

2 Likes

Enjoy!
It is very addictive.

Most of the time, I’m using a Spring Reverb (from the Ventris pedal) with my Vermona PERfourMER. Maybe I should get this box and put it permanently on one of the Insert. Enjoy your device.

Yes you should :slight_smile:
I have mine set up as a prefader send on my mixer. Love it.

1 Like

I wish I could sync up the lfo, other than that I love it.

1 Like

You sort of can with LFO set to EG.
Then you can trigger the EG with what ever source you want, the EG is now a synced LFO, with custom shaping.

Not true LFO sync, but still Pretty neat .

1 Like