Vermona DRM1 MKIV

I was actually thinking that when they did this update to the DRM, they might give it the aesthetics of the Perfourmer / Lancets etc. – black, with the nice creamy coloured knobs etc. Would’ve been pretty cool! But I guess this one is such a classic that they didn’t want to mess with it too much.

I liked my MK3, but sold it because it wasn’t getting used enough and I wanted to buy a Lyra :man_shrugging:t3: Samples of it on Digitakt suffice for me at the mo.

They sound great, I loved the kicks (usually on Drum 1 voice for my style) and the claps were fun. Snares were ok but I agree that the hats weren’t great and also the multi voice / drum 2 channels didn’t do much for me. I mostly hope that they’ve made the ranges a bit more confined so kicks are easier to tune!

Not enough of an upgrade to sell my MK3 although the dynamic triggers are a great addition. I’m a bit relieved actually :slight_smile:

some demos available on the website !

7 Likes

This release actually holds me of getting a Perfourmer, maybe we’ll see an new mark there too?!

1 Like

I contacted vermona. And they confirmed no perfourmer update in the next months/years.

So I bought mine muahahahah

5 Likes

:rofl:

IMHO there is a little difference in a couple of months and a couple of years, but all good… :crazy_face:

Congratz getting the PERfourMER, would be a great fit for my atonal noise system but I am getting a benjolin v2 first!

Preordered this, so excited!

I also asked about a perfourmer mkiii (not sure what they would change though) and they managed to respond to my email without answering anything lol. Not for the next few days/decades is not too helpful.

I did notice there was a small update to the perfourmer a year or two ago. An external input into a channel is now in parallel with the vco instead of taking its place. The EXT setting on the vco has been replaced with an OFF setting to turn off the vco and just process the external signal if that is still what you want to do.

I’m really gassing on a Perfourmer MKII. It’s gonna be hard to resist. It sounds so good.

I hate to say this because I feel like the secret is getting out about the perfourmer lately, but it is amazing, even better in person. There is literally almost nothing I can put through it that doesn’t sound great. If I was left with a single synth it would be the perfourmer and I would just multitrack the day away in joy!

1 Like

I did play it a few times at my local store a few years back but I wasn’t looking for that kind of Synth (blasphemous). But now…I want those sweet spot Sounds in my arsenal. I think this Synth is a Big sweet spot.

2 Likes

Me too! I’m waiting for funds and for a second hand one to come up at a good price. Must. Resist.

1 Like

How is it for running external audio through? I’ve been very close to getting an Erica Acidbox 3 recently…

I couldn’t resist, I ordered one this morning.

1 Like

Do it. It is such an awesome synth.

2 Likes

I agree, it seems like there’s a sudden uptick in interest. I’m actually part of it, i think. I’m a bandwagon Perfourmer fan. It’s a future classic. I don’t know where you’re at, but they’re kind of hard to come by in the US right now. I had to search for a while.

1 Like

Just checked out the DRM MKIV demos. Definitely sounds analog! I wasn’t very impressed with the snare, but everything else sounded pretty good. The demos under “Grooves” are the best example. I particularly liked the one called “Down Beat”

Yeah, on Thomann I bought it new 1 year ago at 1185€ and now it is at 1349€. The value is increasing.

It sound amazing to my ears.

Where are you at and where were you able to find one?