VC-01 Voicecrafter - Vocal Synthesizer and Sequencer

Video Description:
Voicecrafter is a vocal musical synthesizer based on the unholy union between computers and the human voice.

At its heart are 380 different syllables, which can be selected at will, and sequenced together to make rudimentary computer-human language.

FEATURES:
Formant Synthesis Engine
Consonant-vowel Sampling Engine
20+ Sample Banks
Per-Engine Effects
Global Effects: Vibrato, Reverb, 3 Delay Types
2 LFOs
Pitch Bend Wheel
Portamento
Envelope Controls for each Engine
Three-Octave Machanical Keyboard
Store Thousands of Sequencer Steps for Long Pre-Written Playback
Presets, Saving, and Recalling
Stereo Spread Control
Looping and Overdubbing

Discover a new musical language: olydianmusic.com

15 Likes

wow, this is blowing my mind. talk about unique. i’ll take two

1 Like

Definitely want this.

If their previous product Photosynthesis has any reference in this thread forum i couldn’t find one.

The Voicecrafter far outdoes that.

The Casio vocal synth is nice, but this is way beyond that.

Look at all the frontpanel controls on this !!

1 Like

Very impressive, but also kind of cheesy and would get old fast I think. I really like synthetic vocals and have tried lots of them over the years, by far the best results I have had have been processing vintage voice synths using numerous techniques. For performance though this synth seems really tactile, I wonder if it takes Voder level virtuosity to get proper speaking or singing?

2 Likes

I’m daydreaming about a live house/techno improv group taking things to the next level with this.

One virtuoso on vocal synth improvising melodies and enunciating entire words

1 Like

I didn’t even know that was a category of synth, can you tell me more? I’ve used some funny voice VSTs over the years but haven’t seen it in hardware before

Oh, now one can easily perform the Paprika anime OST.

And… who wanted new MonoMachine? Just one vocal machine, but on new level

1 Like

Man those chipmunks have gotten bad!!! Aalllvvviinnn!!!

2 Likes

3 Likes

… the CT-S1000V allows you to enter text to control vocal pronunciation rhythmically, as well as taking on all sorts of flowery rapid-fire gibberish. Seems that there could be a text to speech interface done with this too.

Glad this has the vocal polyphony. Just doing three or four part vocal harmony is so pleasing.

1 Like

oh wow I love formant synthesis and vocoders so good for techno and making Kraftwerk style music.

1 Like

Really cool, though it is massive!

1 Like

Nothing fancy really, just old voice chips like SPO256, TI stuff, Speakjet etc. Software speech like SAM on C64 and so on. Then sample them, process with fx and stuff like Roland vocal designer. The Plogue stuff is also really good, can type a phrase and play it with midi.

Reminds me of this awesome classic:

there she goes (コピー) by うちやま

I wonder why it won’t embed properly. It used to.

2 Likes

Great movie, great music!

I think I love it.

I need to know much more about what this is. I could see this being really useful if you can sample in your own vocals to chop, process and sequence. But if it doesn’t have that capability then I think I’d grow out of it quickly.

I wonder if it has audio input to effect the incoming signal.

As long as we’re riffing on “alsos”.

There is the redo of this with the Speak & Glitch GND-1T ( thread ), and others like that. But those are often not pitched for singing the way this and the Casio CT-S1000V is.

We’ll see when the Voicecrafter goes on the market and where it gets priced.

1 Like