Values sent to OT MIDI In not refreshing

I have a Faderfox EC4 connected to the Octatrack (both IN and OUT). I have set some MIDI tracks in the Octatrack with some CCs. I have set same CCs in the EC4

When I change values in the OT, they are updated in the EC4. However when I change them in the EC4, only the focused track in the OT will get these changes.

Can this be configured so other tracks get updated even if not focused?

Btw, the Autochannel is OFF

I think I explain it better here:

@Supermows Ah so you use channels 4 and 8.
It should be updated indeed.

Is it updated in audio mode ? (Leave midi mode, tweak, check in midi mode)

Is CC DIRECT CONNECT on ?

Cc direct is on. When I tweak on audio mode none of the tracks update

1 Like

Yes. Audio tracks parameters* values.
*(With CC control).

Midi tracks CCs are sent with double stop and part changes, iirc. To be verified.

Use track channels instead of Auto Channel. And this way it is sent to synths in any mode.

Yes, the changes always pass to the synths, that’s not a problem. But with focused track they also reflect in the OT tracks, while other tracks don’t get this changes

Anyway, I found out I don’t really need the EC->OT feedback, the other way around it’s the important to me, and that works.

Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry @sezare56 I have realized I really need it to be updated in the Octa too, since when I change banks I want to have all encoders in EC4 initialized to 0, and if I have two parts set to 0 but no change has been reflected in the Octa, it will not be set to 0

I uploaded a short video of what I mean. Hope it’s also understandable :slight_smile:

Sorry, forgot to mention in the video, T4 is midi channel 4, T8 is midi channel 8

1 Like

Use audio tracks midi channels instead of Auto Channel.

But I’m not using audio tracks,
I want to control midi tracks. So all is off here

Am I misunderstanding something here?

Ah yes sorry midi tracks. You can use midi tracks channels instead of Auto Channel.

Above picture page is for audio tracks channels only.

Edit : Ah Auto Channel is off ?

Yes, it’s off… could it has something to with cc direct connect?

I don’t think so, but it worth to check…

It doesn’t make any difference… not sure if this is by design, but according to manual they should be reflected, doesn’t talk about if tracks are focused or not

Yes. I checked. I think values should be updated. Write to :
support@elektron.se

Please try not double post the same question in multiple places, if it deserves a topic, then flag the post and replies to have them moved. Thanks

1 Like