Values jumping back and forth

Hi guys,

I am kinda frustrated because the Octatrack is my favorite piece of equipment but I am running into the same issue with the replacement machine they sent. It started happening 6 months in with the new machine. Any idea? Bad quality control? Bad encoders? This affects my music so bad!

Take a look at what encoder C does:

P locks are stuck:

So annoying:

The sound could change a lot just by jumping even one single value

Someone with a similar issue?

Have you raised a ticket with elektron support?

What OS version is your OT? I know this issue was affecting some units prior to the 1.4 update.

Yeah, waiting for an answer

It’s the 1.40A. Do you think it could me more a firmware issue rather than the actual encoders?

Not on 1.40a, probably the encoders - actually they are potentiometers - you might want to try turning them say 100 rotations whilst the OT is turned off, it could just be a build up of lubricant or oxidation. Worth a try but obviously not guaranteed it will fix it.

1 Like

I 'm having the exact same issue with the F one on my Digitone since a few days.
Light touches make the values move slightly and the mid/slow turns won’t stay fixed at the end of the motion.

Fast turns are more “stable” and i’ve noticed that a few Push+Turn rotations seemed to fix the problem… more or less : i must do the same trick on each pattern.
Also, the jumping back and forth happens less on settings using absolute values.

I’ve tried to go back to the previous OS (1.32A to 1.32) but the problem was persistent, less automatic, but there for sure.

I have to check my back ups to test with an OS prior to 1.32.
I will also try what @darenager suggested with the higher number of rotations and the DN turned off.

Did you solve the issue with your OT ? I’ve watched your videos and it looks more severe than mine.
As it is, my case has no real impact but i hope it can be fixed soon.

Hey, thanks for your input.

I talked to Perfect Circuit, they saw the videos and they are sending a new machine. This the second Octatrack I have returned in less than 2 years for the same issue. I would think it’s my hands but I own several pieces of gear from different brands and this is the first time that something like this has happened.

@Elektron something you should pay attention too. I love this machine, it’s the brain of my studio but this is just frustrating. On top of that since I don’t live in the US, I am responsible for all the shipping from and to my country, which makes this machine much more expensive in the end.

On the other hand, I suggest that you return it if you are still under warranty because it starts like that and it goes downhill in a matter of a few months

Well that sucks…Guess i will have to return my Digitone then.
So it seems that this would be a major problem if the same thing happens on different “products”.

Not so sure that my next piece of gear will be an Elektron…
I was too tempted by a 0 Coast anyway.

Thanks for your quick response and may your “new” OT be free of BS !