Using the model samples as Sequencer but unable to hear myself play in live recording

I have a model samples when I put it in midi tru and enable the midi output of for example track 6 then I’m able to play “chromatically” on the Samples or and use the sequencer to sequence my volca. I’m also able to live record from my keyboard however I can not hear what I play. Which is technically midi-out wise correct but realy stupid in practice. On the other hand if I put the Samples in midi thru then it will pass keybord messages to my synth, play cromatically but no live recording or sequencing. Is there any setting I’m missing. Recording in a DAW and sending that to the synth gives different problems like sending a start signal when recording starting the sequencer of the volca and samples and keystep. But that’s another topic and the model samples has this retrigger functionality I realy like.

There’s a workaround for that in the latest firmware.

Tracks set to MOUT now also forwards the incoming note data on the AUTO channel from external MIDI controllers to the MIDI OUT port for control of an external device.

You basically sacrifice one track (at least, temporarily) as a ‘forwarding’ track to your external synth.

2 Likes

Thx, going to test this. The whole thing got me all messed up about my workflow.

1 Like