Using the inbuild effects with USB output

Hi everyone!

I want to use my digitakt on a recent project, where i use the USB output of the digitakt as input for other processes i do with my laptop. I noticed that i can’t add (or hear) the inbuild effects like delay, reverb and compressor. I don’t hear them on my output.

My chain is:
Digitakt via USB -> Laptop with a Csound Instrument i programmed -> Output Interface

What do i have to do that also the effects are added to the signal?

Greetings,
Philipp

Fairly certain USB audio doesn’t run through the effects so you are out of luck, I’m afraid. Not a DT user anymore so maybe someone else can confirm but yeah, not possible with the current OS.

On the Syntakt you can route the USB in to the FX block, pre-FX:

Unfortunately this is not possible on the Digitakt, the USB input is routed post compressor (image shamelessly stolen from @Tchu :wink: ):

Would be a cool feature though if we could configure the USB input to be pre-FX on the DT.

5 Likes

Ah, this is just stupid. Should be an easy fix for elektron, since these are digital effects.

Are you talking about the same thing? I read it as Digitakt USB audio > Laptop processing > Laptop audio interface (sound card). And this includes effects (applied before the Digitakt USB audio) for the tracks unless Overbridge is used. If it’s meant as Digitakt USB Midi > Laptop instrument > Digitakt USB Audio than a workaround would be to use the Laptop instruments effects and control them with Digitakts MIDI controls.

Yes - thats how i’m using it.

I checked it again and now i see that i’m using the digitakt in overbridge mode and not usb audio/midi. But i need the seprated tracks for my project so i should use overbridge since usb audio/midi just give me the options to use the main output of the digitakt.

Ah I misunderstood.

With Overbridge, the Delay/Reverb FX are send via a separate channel, as these are implemented as send FX.