Using the Analog 4 as a Drum Machine

I also made a template project, where the soundpool is full of drums. Love drums sounds on the A4. The Druma pack is great.
With soundlocks and trig condtions, using only one A4 track can sound much more complex than many “real” drummachines can

4 Likes

very impressed by this guy and the A4

7 Likes

@introvert you’ve got another fan

2 Likes

oh yes. For sure!

1 Like

Dude’s a beast. His last release was pretty darn awesome and it’s my understanding that he’s got music just about ready to drop.

1 Like

nice. thanks. Was watching all of his youtube and instagram videos last week. Time to listen to his records :blush:

1 Like

Another one

3 Likes

People love exotic flavors in their electro Beef

2 Likes

A4 is a dope drum machine. I rarely have any voices left for synth duties these days…

3 Likes

I’ve been trying out @William_WiLD’s Low End pack for A4 drum machine duties recently, and it’s sounding good.

3 Likes

What I find inconvenient is designing drum sounds while making a track. Cause I never create patches as preparation in advance but always create sounds that would fit the actual track. Since I try to get as many drum sounds on one track as possible I have to set the parameters all with one hand while holding the actual step with the other hand…
That’s a bit tedious
There might be smarter ways of working like that :slight_smile:

A second A4 would be a solution :grin:

3 Likes

Yeah I’m not the best at designing drums I must admit I only focus on sort of essentials and try to give people a first foot in the LOWEND so then can maybe want to go further with more pleasure.

at the beginning I would like to focus on LOWEND only, at the moment I consider Low STAB as part of it… it become a 101 to cover more… sounds. it lead to chords… it lead to movement… it lead to check each sounds the other range of frequencies and be surprise sometime that a design started to become shitty in the low-end sounding quite nice in the other range.

I think that’s the first time I really practice (massively I mean on this amount of patch and focus only on sound synthesis) opposed to theory (that I’m in that for years like a very nice student of the internet damn…) a bit of a shame to force myself by a challenge to make something.

But I really understand the overwhelming aspect people can have with sound synthesis from scratch. Especially when you init, hear again that stupid raw sound, and think damn : Again, I need to start again to climb this mountain…

So the only trick then. If people are tired of sound synthesis then. is design in the context of a track. that’s where all start to make sense in the sound, in the construction, in the mixing frequencies aspect… To a better band frequencies because shape inside of it progressively. in the END the mixing (finalize) will be more easy and subtile than ever for the sound engineer. At the end the track will be a beauty.

2 Likes

I’ve really been into making rhythmic sequences and designing drum sounds on the Analog Four lately… Ifigured I would share this vid here… would love to hear more drum/rhythmic A4 vids.

21 Likes

…aaaahhhh…finaleeee…the world starts to appreciate the a4 for it’s rytm killer possebilties…

:wink:
:vulcan_salute:

pick the skinnerbox preset drums patches from the website…all of u…drop those in the pool…
ANYTHING else happens on the go with further plockings…

1 Like

It’s a great drum synth for sure. Far more flexible than AR, but for my use, due to the lack of tracks (appreciate p-locks / pool go a long way), I pair mine with the DN to get an 8 track groovebox that is hard to beat :boom:

1 Like

…once u managed ur pool…it’s nothing but THE neverending shortcut to instant progress of all workflow…

2 Likes

A4 plus DFAM and Modbase (sequenced via the A4 and outs routed to A4’s inputs) is my main rhythm generator. Best I’ve ever encountered.

10 Likes

I was back in the studio working on more drum patches and sequences. I’m really lovin’ the A4 on drum machine duties, I was going to get an AR as my next Elektron purchase… now I think I’m going to get an Analog Heat and see if I hit the lottery so I can get a Monomachine. LOL
Drum sequence 01-02

21 Likes

I’d use it a lot more for drums if the sounds in the sound pool could be edited just like tracks.

2 Likes

I hear you but at least you can perform per step edits and copy steps across the timeline (which works pretty well)

1 Like