Using sound pool to pre-select sounds for a track

Hey guys,

so I’ve been learning about the option to select sounds on the sound manager and then copy them to the sound pool.
My idea is simple: Out of my selection I want to choose one sound, say a lead, for a track. So far, the videos I’ve seen online talk about something more advanced, which is to select a sound for each step on grid mode, pressing a trig + sound browser and selecting one of the sounds from the sound pool.
BUT, what I want is much simpler! Just to test and select a sound among my selection for that particular track, that’s it! How do I access my selection of sounds added to the sound pool for a track? Seems obvious, but so far couldn’t find anything on the manual nor videos.

Thanks a bunch

1 Like

There’s a knob to the left
Of the screen.

Hold func - sound browser

that just gives you access to the massive sound browser. What I want is, in there, select some sounds, copy them to the sound pool and then on the track be able to select from one of those sounds from the small selection I made before.

Also:

Might answer your question?

1 Like

Been a minute since had mine, but have A4 and Rytm - just not in front of me rn

Isn’t there a Filter, when you hit the < button in the Sound Manager? You should always be tagging all your sounds you save if you care to use it in its intended purpose for the filter

1 Like

This is how I understand it:

There is no sound pool for the active track, only a sound pool for the whole project.

If you from the Sound Manager menu use the «Load to trk» function, the selected sound is loaded directly to the active track, not to a sound pool. The sound will be copied to the pattern and a local copy will be stored there.

If you from the Sound Manager menu use the «Copy to…» and select «Sound pool», the sound is loaded to the sound pool of the project.

To scroll through sounds from the project sound pool to the active track, press and hold function, and turn the LEVEL/DATA encoder and scroll to the sound you want to select. Press Yes to select it.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Yes, tag all your sounds as “mine”. Then you can just filter on “mine” to get a list of your own sounds.

2 Likes

Thanks for providing some insight here guys. So far from all the posts and comments it seems creating a unique tag for a selection of sounds might be the relatively most straightforward approach. Jeez, didn’t know this was such a headache. Hope they address this with a firmware in the future.

Here’s another approach to having set sounds for each track: using transfer, delete/backup the unwanted stock Sounds, then put in the sounds you want, and use a system with the Banks, based on where your tracks usually go (I do: A BD, B: SD, C Perc, D HH, E bass, etc). Then auditioning /filtering sounds is just tapping the Level button then the bank you want.

Using sounds / sound pool and browser is similar on their devices for many many many years.

Unsure it’ll get ‘a firmware uodate’ when thousands of users are doing ok.

It just takes a little getting familiar with.

1 Like