Using Octatrack with Digitone

You also have to set the same midi channel of the Prog Change.
OT : Midi Sync > Prog Change
Not Auto (Otto) :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks! :sunglasses:

Yesss it works this way

merci tonton

1 Like

hi guys
i was wondering if anyone has had luck sequencing their DN via octatrack and setting soundlocks on the DN to change the sound as the midi sequence from OT plays ? is this possible ? would something similar be achievable using program change ? any thoughts would be much appreciated guys!

Hallo Diskette,

simply activate, set the CC parameters for the values you would like to automate on the Digitone and p-lock them on the Octatrack. You can find the values for the different parameters in the Digitone manual.

Hi there thanks for the reply, I managed to do what you described but I was hoping to have a Midi arp from the octatrack with soundlocks on the digitone changing from a bass to a bell while still being arpeggiated, someone mentioned this being possible on a different thread but I have not managed to get it working so far!

How do you switch between the two sounds on the Digitone? Do you do it with the XY Mix or two different tracks (T1, T2…)?

If you use the X | Y Mix, you could set CC20 on the Octatrack to a parameter (MIDI > double tap FX1 or FX2) and modulate the parameter with an LFO or set trigless trigs ([FUNC] + trigger) and change the value of the CC parameter this way.