Using MIDI Loopback to trigger tracks?!

argh!!! Okay… I’ve had it working off and on but can’t figure out the trick. I’m trying to setup a scenario where I use MIDI loopback to trigger the sounds assigned to track sample slots.

I know I can only use C5-C7. Auto-channel set to 9, each MIDI track set to the channel of its corresponding track… I’m just getting NO SOUND whatsoever from the trigs I laid out on the OT MIDI track?!?

anybody able to offer some help?

Of course it is doable but there are more settings to review.

Beside you can use sample locking on the regular Audio Track to choose samples from slot lists and place them with trigs.

Since OS 1.40 you also have access to every of 128 slots from list with all the midi notes (C-1 - G9):

Thank you for the reply! If nothing else it got me to notice that there is a new manual to accompany the newest OS 1.40.

So… I ended up opening another project, and everything for loopback was working perfectly. I can trigger tracks, play slots, do different tasks on different tracks depending on their mode, in other words it all works perfectly.

Now, no matter how many times I reload the old program, and regardless of the fact that all MIDI settings are identical in the menus, I get nothing. At this point I was at a loss for those tracks…

Got it figured out though! I was unaware that the OT would hang on to MIDI SOLO commands after shutdown. It had received a command to solo a muted track… so no MIDI came from anything. Sent a command to UNSOLO all tracks and it’s working like a charm!!!

1 Like

While I’ve got you… do you happen to know if there is a way to chain patterns without arranger so that specific patterns will always play in succession, but without cueing things up manually on the OT? I can successfully use my Morningstar MC8 to cue a pattern to be next, which is great because it allows a hands-free way to change beats, linger on a part longer, and overall lend to a live performance with guitar etc with more fluidity. It would however be nice if i could say, chain four patterns to play one after the other, so that with intro sections and such that always follow a predetermined flow could just run through their four patterns and then i can chain to go to the chorus or what have you.

Yes. I am aware of how to chain patterns manually on the OT. What I would like to do is chain a series of patterns externally, either after the bank has been opened, or have them somehow already aware of what to do next. I can send a midi command on CC0 to change the pattern, but I’d like to not have to press every pattern change in.

1 Like