Using AH with OT master through CUE tracks

Hi, I thought I was safe from having to save up for another bit of Elektron kit, but then I saw Dataline aka Cenk on the Sonic state - Sonic Lab video!
Some amazing stuff going on, and Cenk is clearly enamoured by the AH lol!

So, like Cenk and probably a lot of you, I use the OT as master when I’m playing live, and in the studio, and I’m therefore interested in how you could set this up with the OT, like Cenk suggested you could send cues to the AH,
Do you think he means switching tracks from the main outputs to the cues in real time? Or just having certain elements constantly routed to the AH?

The things that appeal to me the most after seeing this vid are : 1 shaping sounds, then sampling them or recording individual tracks, ie bass, samples etc
2 Real time live manipulation of say bass lines, melodies or drums, cos that stuff he did with the jungle beat was INSANE lol

But curious to see how easily this could be incorporated into a live rig, and how would it be set up

What are your thoughts???

I’ve got an AH on preorder and, as I do with all of the gear I wait to come in the mail, I’ve been scratching my head and putting it in it’s place, mentally.

I’ll use the AH as a send from the qu pac into one of its ins and the cue outs from the OT into the other. That’s give me nice options

1 Like

This question deserves a comprehensive answer. Unfortunately I don’t have the knowledge to provide it…
Anyone? :blush:

1 Like

I guess the basic options are the same as for any effects processor: either send selected track signals from the OT’s Cue outputs to the AH and return the Heated signal to the OT’s audio inputs, or put the whole of the OT’s output (from its Main outputs) through the AH.