Used monomachine glitching

Not sure if this is the issue, but parameter locks sometimes get “stuck” in certain conditions, e.g. they don’t go back to their previous value if you press stop before the next note (I think? Like I said, certain conditions makes it hard to replicate). it’s especially noticeable on machines with the chord feature. I solve this by locking all of my chord shapes per trig, so it forces each chord.

3 Likes

To me it sounds like phantom trigless plocks.

V. Important: Make sure the trig select button (second lowest button on the far right) shows all three red lights. It’ll hide trigs if it doesn’t. Easy trap for new MM users.

When you say you are running through 32 steps, are you sequencing between patterns, or is this on the same pattern?

Like pselodux mentions, when you switch between patterns, kits settings will sometimes get stuck on previous patterns even if you don’t have any trigs from them. I notice it the most with things like delay settings when when first note in my pattern suddenly makes a tape delay ratcheting noise while it realigns to the current delay time.

My debugging method would be to program in some notes from scratch (no copy pasting notes or pages) on a fresh pattern and see if the same behavior occurs. If it doesn’t it’s almost definitely a programming error rather than a machine glitch.

Definitely sounds like a trig lock or LFO. Maybe even an LFO that’s Trig locked to pitch using independent LFO sequencing via “Trig Select”
MM is pretty deep!

If you do get to the bottom of it, be sure to post your findings. Will help future users immeasurably!

ahh thank you everyone so much for your help&input!! pselodux you hit the nail on the head with this, the problem was definitely to do with the p-locks. it was one specific note in particular that was causing the problem, seemed as though whenever i stopped the audio right after that (p-locked) note but before the next, the sequence would get stuck on that note’s p-locks (which just so happened to be programmed to be a major chord with a long release) and would continue playing stuck on that p-lock setting until the sequencer played past the bugging note and it would reset. i tried it multiple times with different parameters locked and indeed the sequence would play as if those parameters had been set for the whole sequence, and then reset once that step re-played. (sorry if thats a confusing wording).

p-locking the relevant parameters on the first note of the sequence seems to do the trick by forcing the stuck parameters to go back to their normal values (ie the first note’s values). again thank you everyone! very excited to spend some proper time with this beast of a synth

5 Likes