Used monomachine glitching

Hi all, I recently purchased a used Monomachine SFX60+ MKII online and i’ve fallen in LOVE with the sound of this machine and its capabilities, but… I keep on coming across bugs/glitches in the machine. Most noticeably is a problem where one of the pitches of the chords I sequenced with the ensemble SWAVE will sometimes go up or down by one semitone, for 32 steps, and then it will ‘reset’ and go back to my original sequence. It’s super annoying because suddenly it’s playing major chords when my sequence is minor… (I either have to let it go through the 32 steps to ‘reset’ or move in and out of poly mode to fix it). Also sometimes when pasting a pattern it will play only 16 steps, go back to the beginning of the sequence and then play the whole 32 or however many steps the sequence actually has. I’ve seen quite a few other weird glitches but they are usually minor and/or go away quickly.

I’m on the latest OS, I’ve soft and factory reset the machine, cleared the previous owner’s +drive but seemingly all to no avail. It’s to the point that there’s no way for me to reliably playing with it live without it glitching somehow, at some point. Does this happen to other people? I couldn’t find any information about this on the forum which surprised me, I’m thinking maybe I have a faulty machine? Help :frowning:

not really no, I’ve only experienced minor UI glitches when moving through pages and doing Plocks quickly. but the audio never malfunctioned really.

Have you checked for errors in test mode?

1 Like

i have indeed, all OK. i’ve set up a support ticket with elektron but it’s a little disappointing to have this happen just after i bought it, also because it seems to be only me having these issues… :thinking:

reachin’ here but is it old enough to be the battery? I wonder.

1 Like

the seller described it as being from the very last run of monomachines so im guessing it’s at least 4 years old, not long enough for the battery to die but could potentially be the issue…

Just a long shot but you could open it up and just make sure all the internal cables are sitting correctly.

I think I’ll have to try this out… i have no knowledge of electronics/tech stuff but i’ll give it a go if i’m feeling brave enough. hopefully it’s something simple, eek

Out of cuorisity where did you buy it from? I found one recently on line which i avoided as the pictures were showing a very old mfg batch

Check the back/ silver tag/ the mfg date is there/ it will tell you week and year of production

is it hooked up to midi at all/what are the settings?

1 Like

also a long shot but maybe check you dont have an arp on the pattern in question

1 Like

i got it from reverb! 2012-04 so a few years old now, may be worth replacing the battery but surely would come up with a Low Battery message if that were the issue? it’s not hooked up to any midi, no arp settings, really nothing going on. I cleared out all the data and started anew, new kit, new snapshot everything and it will still glitch. I’m going to find a torx screwdriver so i can open it up and check that everything is as it should be inside, other than that i wouldn’t know what else to do

it’s only when you’re using an ensemble machine in poly mode this happens?

no not poly mode, i just switch in and out of poly mode to quickly fix the chord glitch. seems to make the sequence jump back to normal immediately. honestly i haven’t spent enough time with it to be able to say it’s just the ensemble machine (or to say that it happens only when the machine is loaded in the kit), but some of the glitches are definitely not happening on the ensemble track.

sorry to ask the dumb questions but there’s no LFOs assigned (to pitch/ chord notes etc)

or any modulation from key tracking etc

(focussing on the ensemble note drift here)

i read you description of the issue last night and couldn’t process if it was the root note of the ensemble chord or one note, or all notes shifting.

It is definitely an old batch, there are serials produced 4 years later/ so this is definitely a 8 years old machine

The seller should have known about this glitches I assume

I don’t think it is battery related.

1 Like

How did you solve the issue in the end?

i would check for this and also try with new kit/pattern

forgot about this thread, also thought it could be a dirty pot with some ghost fluctuations…