Used Elektron prices

After 20 years, the LCD/backlight will go, encoders will start skipping, buttons won’t trigger, etc.

For 2k, you could get an OT MKII and a Digitone.
OT=UW+. Digitone=MD/MnM FM machines+. There’s your 2000s IDM.

And giving your money to Elektron would help develop future products, instead of lining the pockets of some greedy person, who’ll laugh at you for paying so much.

2 Likes

No they are not + electron is selling a workflow

1 Like

Thanks for the answers. I think Elektron doesnt provide any service for legacy products. I repeat, is a matter of taste but personally, i don’t like Digitone-Digitakt engine and sound. OT is of course a beautiful machine, but not a piece I want to include again in my workflow right now. I say it before is all about Nostalgia, and the music and sound i like. I still remember seeing Autechre using a MD in their live sets.

1 Like

Payed 1100€ last year in November for a MKII non-UW on Ebay.

Would have been able to grab it on eBay-Kleinanzeigen for 1000 (probably without Paypal-Options)+ around 120€ for spare part encoders and replacement.

Don’t want to be too negative, but seems to be very unlikely to find a unit below 1000€

I was very lucky this week with a UW mk2 model for around 1000 in incredibly good shape. Its so far the funniest machine I ever played, so easy and with a logical interface and UX design. Only managing the sounds in the kits is a bit tedious, but apart from that I really love it. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi, just wanted to point out that, in fact, Elektron do continue to service/upgrade Machinedrums and Monomachines… Just FYI

7 Likes

I’ve bought one MD MKII UW + DRIVE on eBay-Kleinanzeigen, for 850€ last summer with the midi interface, the knobs were a little loose but everything else was working perfectly. I was looking for 2 weeks, checking different websites all day, and I found the prices for the model that i bought were like 800 - 1200€.

Two months later I sold it for 1000€ (Nice price I think, change all knobs would be pricey). I can’t get into the workflow, i really prefer my brand new AR. My advice is to look all day, so you could get a nice deal but it’s exhausting

People need to realize that all good deals get swooped up quick. I like to look at the new listings from time to time, and have nabbed some really good deals. Same is true for eBay, although I’ll also look at items that are soon to expire, as every now and then something slips through the cracks… I see much better deals doing that.

2 Likes

Have fun! It’s far more deep of a machine than most give it credit.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=max+marco+machinedrum

Lol what

1 Like
1 Like

Well, what do you expect? After all he is a beaver. Shifty little things. Always watching my kid’s wooden playground. I see you beaver! You’re not getting this playground!

1 Like

Just to clarify for anyone reading - they service mk2 models but not mk1. Just before you go buying a banged up mk1 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

2 Likes

That old Chestnut (sad to see it go) line :roll_eyes: Fucking robbing twat hope it doesn’t sell :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

£2200 ??? Would the first MUG please step forward :roll_eyes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Reverb prices are usually inflated. I doubt that will sell.

2 Likes

I see our old friend OTAE #349 still hasn’t sold.

3 Likes

quick! I’ve got $3k to burn, do I buy the MDUW or the OTAE!?! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

That description annoys me greatly.

“Opened only to check the serial number and very briefly play around”

I hate the idea of buying instruments and not playing them

3 Likes

“the cardboard box has extremely slight damage to one to the corners but this is very, very minor (this is how I received it) See photo.”

I’ll ask for at least a 35% discount then and since the box has been opened and the unit played another 25% ! :innocent:

2 Likes