Used Elektron prices

According to the graph prices jumped in the last year or so.

:joy::joy::joy:

To use it? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:
I tried it a couple of times, and itā€™s nice, but i very rarely use percussions in my tracks, Iā€™m more of a melody/sound design guy, so I donā€™t really need a drum machine, no matter how good it is; Iā€™ve bought it for its historical significance after Elektron announced the funeral.

1 Like

In 10 years ā‚¬1200 for a MDUW mk2+ will seem cheap. I canā€™t think of another drum machine with this much influence/power in the past 20 years. It will be up there with the higher Roland TR series and SP1200 etcā€¦

2 Likes

I didnā€™t realise the prices were still so low. I usually only see terrible prices when I look lol :slight_smile:

For instance, I saw a Traktor Audio 2 DJ for Ā£200 a few days ago, theyā€™re baout Ā£60 new, as low as Ā£25 2nd hand.

i find that reverb generally suggests inflated prices for used gear by a few hundred dollars USD

3 Likes

Prices likely to go up as well as Reverb just announced that starting on Aug 4th, the base sellerā€™s fee will go up from 3.5% to 5%.

Sellers will have to account for this increase and adjust their prices accordingly.

5 Likes

i will never understand why people use reverbā€¦ May be itā€™s for american ?
Iā€™m europeen, and ALL the gears are a overpriced.

2 Likes

I got a few bargains or at least fair prices on Reverb and Iā€™m based in Europe. For sure, you have to hunt for them and have patience, and donā€™t forget that you can send offers too. I sold an AK on there for 600ā‚¬ once because I liked the guy, he was based in Sweden (return to sender haha) and it was all he had at the time. And I picked up my OT Mk2 from a Spanish dude on there for ā‚¬850! :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Good to know ! Iā€™m in France and we use a french websiteā€¦ i just bought a A4MKI 500ā‚¬ and a SPS1MKII 550ā‚¬ last year. I never see this price on Reverb. Today i see a SPS1MKII for 1300ā‚¬ !

1 Like

Yeah MD prices are insane. Someone tried to get ā‚¬1,850 on there for one yesterday. Hahahaha!

1 Like

Crazy !

1 Like

I donā€™t care about the market! Im gonna price my MDUW 4999 euros! EU only, no offers accepted! :joy:

2 Likes

I just got mine back from serving (all encoders and buttons done) so its like new.
Iā€™m having a tough time not listing it at the current prices for mint uw+
I wonder if the bout of depression after its gone would be too much to handle.

Pick up only. Make them work for it :joy:

2 Likes

Think about the cost of therapy nowadays. Not worth it!

indeed. pricing is crazy right now. I have an SPS-1 original Machinedrum, thinking of selling. havenā€™t used in quite some time. but Iā€™m so confused at a proper selling number.
was thinking like $700 including US shipping.

few months ago I was hunting for a monomachine and canā€™t believe how the prices have changed in the last month. its nuts out there.

Hej ppl. I would really like a MD. After having many drum machines, somehow i recently got an obsession for this machine. For me it brings me the nostalgia of the electronic music I grow up with ( early 2000s, minimal, electro,idm). Im using these days an analog rytm (mk1) from a friend, but there is something in the analog core that i donā€™t enjoy ( like the Jomox alpha base). Otherwise, the digital 12 bit sound, and the glitchy percussive features of the MD it conducts me to an instant eargasm. Its a matter of taste I know.

MY PROBLEM

Prices went def nuts. I have been searching for some weeks already (Berlin area / Europe) and people are (trying to sell) the UW for > 1.7k and the mk1 (non UW) for >800e. Iā€™m even considering buying an mk1 because Iā€™m more interested in the synth engine for IDM textures ( even tho the resampling feature of the UW looks amazing).

QUESTIONS

-Are MD mk1 reliable after 20 years? Display - Scroll Knob - Pots? My hands shakes and cant use a solder for repairs.

-Would you really pay so much for UW? In many posts, everyone is talking about how many more possibilities offers the UW version but i couldnā€™t find a single video of someone really using samples in the MD to create something incredible. ( yes 64 steps its a big plus for me but using 32 and 2 patterns also is not bad).

Thanks!!!

P:D: If people is really paying 2k for an old machine with 2MB ram , maybe Elektron should reconsider the idea of redeveloping these beauties instead of creating volca friends. Sometimes sound is more important than features. :wink:

• Not reliable after 10+ years of use. Display slowly fades, switches and encoders likely to fail. Some machines have connector problem or other undetected contact issue. Although serviceable, support is good. MK1 is also remarkably noisier than MK2 by design. I prefer MK2 even if it costs more.
  • UW features are fully covered by Octatrack (correct me if I miss something). A non-UW MK2 + OT MK1 is the best buy for the money
1 Like