Use Moog Voyager to control Analog FOUR via MIDI

Hi everyone!

First of all I want to mention I haven’t played a lot with midi connectivity over hardware so my questions might seem a little on the noob side.

I’ve been trying to connect my Voyager to my A4 in order to play the whole 4 tracks on the A4 all together and/or independently using the keys of the Voyager. The problem is I have only managed to assign one track individually from the A4’s menu. What if I would like to layer 2 or 3 tracks or all 4 tracks together being also mapped to the keyboard? Also is there a way to quick shuffle between midi mapped tracks without having to go through the menus? (as if you would do in a live performance).

Cheers in advance!

You can use auto channel, which control active track. Activate additional tracks / voices in Poly Config. (Kit menu)

2 Likes

Thanks very much indeed Sezare56!

Yeah, I’ve experimented with your suggestions and it’s working. Seems like I’ve missed the Auto Channel function in the menu. I also have a better understanding now of how Poly Config. works - basically it’s track layering.

The thing that’s bugging me out now is:

1. whenever I press a key the audio signal is quite low in comparison with when I press the buttons (key notes) directly on the A4.

2. I could not manage to figure out how to quick transpose the notes. Like for instance the Voyager has 26 keys and if I want to go up and down on the scale, there’s no physical buttons on the Voyager to do that. Instead there is a setting in the Voyager’s menu:

~ Transpose In/Out > Keyboard Transpose > Semitone(s) > value set to 0 - (this is actually transposing based on the value I put in)

~ MIDI Key Transpose > Semitone(s) > value set to 0 - (this isn’t doing anything regardless of the value or I haven’t figured out yet how to use it)

On Analog 4 I’ve tried the usual Up and Down arrows where you would normally go up and down the octaves, also the Transpose button (under the CV) + pressing the notes, but nothing changed.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

1. I guess A4 keys are set to max velocity.
    I don’t know what are your synth velocity settings.
  2. Unfortunately no realtime transpose, it works after recording.
    If you can send other midi messages than notes you may be able to transpose with a midi processor…not simple.

Other solutions maybe, like, a track per range, another keyboard…