Use Digitakt swing in Ableton

Hi, is there a way to use the Digitakt swing setting in Ableton? So, make Digitakt master I guess. Not only for clock but also for swing?

Theres no way to route swing data from an instrument directly to a MIDI afaik. Iā€™m not sure if the digitakt or any synth for that matter even output this data, I think its all just onboard.

You could (probably):

1. Make a solo 16 note click track or other short sound of somekind on the Digitakt
  2. Apply full swing to it
  3. Record in Ableton synced with the digitone
  4. Right click > extract groove

you now will probably have something close enough to the digitakts swing in ableton that you can then apply to clips in ableton.

2 Likes

So i would record either midi or audio from the dt, then line up that recording to the grid, and Select the extract groove from menu in live and have that as a groove i can apply to any and all other elements in my live project.

Thanks for this! That sounds like a solution. Is it possible to use Digitakt as master clock, when used in Ableton via Overbridge?

This is free and might be of use. They have already done the hard part of capturing the Digitakt swing!

3 Likes

Interesting! Thanks!