USB noise loop overhub V2

The Overhub is the only Elektron product I think is garbage, mainly for the extremely flimsy USB Micro B connection. It’s brutal.

I’ve since been using this hub with zero problems connecting 4 overbridge products are once. Best of all, it connects with USB-C.

1 Like

If you only need basic information you could develop your own glyph system to represent and then add dots and lines to that end using nailpolish, something many of us may already have in our cabinets :slight_smile:

I have a label printer for PSUs but labels don’t always stick well to instrument cables and may stick out and look ugly.

1 Like

You se this thread will be number 1 in terms of optimization and problem solving of digital signals, and come in exact time completely clean. without costing a house. should look at this too. and I have debugged more today and super cleaned all old information that is on the usb ports as well as all other chips. so now it’s like new. tomorrow I will go through the settings on the styrmon pedals so that there is no such thing.

and test with different cables as everything can handle TS and TRS, however, td3-MO output TRS is unbalanced, which is send and return left / right, and TRS balanced + -.
I have connected in a regular TS unbalanced from Td3-mo and into volante which has MONO TS unbalanced and between the pedals I have mogami w3368 which I have in my entire setup between instruments, however splitter from mog to stereo in to AA.1 in eurorack. volante has a setting called “sum” that allows you to run stereo from an in / out port, instead of using both ins to get stereo. there may be something wrong here.

I also use 2 outlet leads that are mixed a little differently. do you have any good ones, when I lowered just use one socket in the wall so I look a little at Brennenstuhl. what do you use?

I’ve been thinking of using the computer monitor’s usb hub on it. so I think there’s something in this.

and me I do not buy something expensive that does not give anything, I live in Sweden and have good stuff in the main system in the apartment, however, I get to see what goes to these outlets than the room I am in.

since I only intended to use 1 wall socket, I need more than,
https://www.brennenstuhl.com/sv-SE/produkter/extension-leads/premium-protect-line-120.000a-extension-socket-with-surge-protection-and-usb-charger-14-way-duo -3m-h05vv-f-3g1.5

and
https://www.brennenstuhl.com/sv-SE/produkter/extension-leads/premium-alu-line-technics-extension-socket-16-way-duo-black-3m-h05vv-f-3g1.5- with-every-8-sockets-switched

but more like this.

https://www.brennenstuhl.com/sv-SE/produkter/extension-leads/premium-protect-line-120.000a-automatic-extension-socket-with-surge-protection-and-usb-charger-11-way -duo-3m-h05vv-f-3g1.5-1-master-4-slave-4-permanent

decise does not take as much power as you think, it is computer core and eurorack. so I can handle it. but all the outlets you need are sickly many. another hub i sidentyg know of, this Thored

Definitely the most important thing is to not plan everything out before you try a process of elimination, work up from a single device and swap out individual elements!

1 Like

I’m just looking for advice, and planning purely hypothetically now, while I’m troubleshooting. where I get advice from all of you and what you have experienced and what you think is best and come up with advice based on your knowledge. and I’m super grateful that you all help and open up your knowledge to help, where you spend time writing in the thread, it’s really valuable.

if you think ahead when usb / midi2 comes out for real, I “think” that many devices have 1-3 pieces of usb-c and a maximum of 1 midi din, for this where midi 2.0 will be a pure usb ecosystem where there will be hubs as overdhub with optical out and optical in on a pcie card. only me who flummers, but would have been sick good no ground loops or latency in the future when connecting mpnga device. and costs so that ordinary people can afford it :slight_smile:

my ground loop comes from TD-3-MO usb and styrmon volante and nightsky. everything else works. and it started when I bought the overhub and tested the td3-MO with the styrmon pedals. where I think the problem of poor quality meets premium quality. where my motherboard is of poor quality as well.

what do you use do you die as you hear in the thread? everyone who runs a pc. if there is any hehe

TD-3-MO usb and styrmon volante and nightsky.

Are you using this for power or clock? Can you move to dedicated PSUs and try din midi instead?

Only clock, all my gear have power. Ye i have midi din for all gear to.