USB connection fails after a short while

New user here.

I’ve noticed the problem first when I was using the transfer app to copy over the samples. It would interrupt after a few seconds or a minute or so. When this happens I have to reconnect the USB and restart the Digitakt. The Digitakt would also hang sometimes when this happens.

Then after a few days I started using the Digitakt in my DAW and noticed that after a short while that stops working to. So my project in the DAW can’t be controlled anymore from the Digitakt. I was also using the Digitakt as Audio interface and that doesn’t stop working though.

My guess is this happens because of the same reason as why the transfer gets interrupted. I’ve tried several USB ports including the ports on the back of the computer.

Is this a known issue for which solutions or workarounds exist?
I did look for answers here and elsewhere and wouldn’t but couldn’t find anything helpful, and I don’t want to miss a potential solution.

I should probably mention I’m on 1.51 and software is latest version since I just downloaded a few days ago.

1 Like

I’ve had this issue on model:samples. Things that helped:

• using better cables (e.g. elektron ones)
  • moving m:s plus computer away from other usb/computer/cables
  • restarting my Mac (the only thing that cleared the problem last time)

I’m already using the original USB cable.

What is your second point referring to exactly? “m:s plus”?

I meant the model:samples (in your case, digitakt obviously) together with the computer and any cables needed … just move them away from any possible sources of interference, as far as you can.

I’ll try on my laptop from the living room which is a much cleaner environment in terms of possible interference and see how that compares.

1 Like

The same issue on Digitakt with iOS DAWs & Ableton. Often the USB connection stops working. This happens unexpectedly. Sometimes this causes Digitakt to freeze.
Digitakt OS15.1

Also, sometimes when I press FUNC NO (Reload Ptn), an unpredictable MIDI value of the knobs on the FILTER page is sent on all MIDI channels via USB.
Digitakt OS15.1A

I still get that, it cuts out and sometimes loses connection altogether when unplugging and plugging the charger from my laptop. It actually used to crash my old soundcard to. Also when power saving settings behind the scenes of the laptop kick in it can do the same. I disable as much as I can and set advanced power plans like when I used to overclock games. Prob not good for the machines but sometimes helps. Def to do with suspending of USBs and fluctuations in power. Kind of like a short circuit because when I plug in the charger sometimes it doesn’t happen as if like in the game Operation it doesn’t touch the sides and buzz. I’m no wizard but that’s my theory from my experiences over the years.

Hello, Everyone. Im having the same problem on my Digitakt, suddenly it stops the USB connection on my DAW and the onlyway to fix this is restarting the device. If someone knows how to solve that issue.