Usb audio routing - Tascam model 12

I’m wondering if anyone has both an analog four mk2 and a Tascam model 12 and has experimented with routing the audio via usb between them?
I have read through the relevant sections of the manual and it hints at what might be possible with a class compliant usb device, which TM12 is.

I have a TM12 but not an A4 (yet). I am thinking of getting an A4, in part to play with routing external audio sources through its filters and controlling them with the built in sequencer. Doing this routing over usb would simplify the process considerably and potentially make getting a mk2 worthwhile over a used mk1, which I believe doesnt support audio over usb.

I’ve seen videos and discussions about how this works on the newer mpc boxes - selecting particular TM12 ins/outs from the mpc menu - but it doesn’t appear from the manual that similar menus exist on the A4.

Grateful for any experiences or advice from members of this forum.

2 Likes

I expect that it works on the MPC because they are basically a computer, and have USB Host functionality with audio support.

No Elektron box does this. Some can send/receive audio over USB when connected to a computer (or mobile device with support for class-compliant audio devices) but cannot interface directly with other USB devices (no host functionality).

2 Likes