USB audio in, who knew?

Well, I didn’t. I happened to be driving the M:C with an iPad, recorded what I was doing using AudioShare, and then tried to see how to play it back on the iPad. To my astonishment, I could hear it, even though my headphones were still plugged into the M:C. This information is buried in section 12.4.6 of the manual, which talks about controlling the input gain, and says that the signal goes to headphones and analog out.

Just posting for the benefit of those as clueless as I am.

17 Likes

Thanks for this…)

1 Like

I always thought the biggest gap in the M:C was a way to mix an input…

If it’s possible to do this with the M:C out and M:S in :open_mouth: - why wouldn’t this be a bigger deal?

This is one of the few demonstrations online of the feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWdnN_cHAUA&t=414s

3 Likes

Has anyone ever used USB Audio In on the Model?

Any good suggested small hardware to pair with it, that has (class-compliant) USB Audio Out? (apart from iPad)

I hear Dreadbox Typhon, Roland SE-02 probably not due to drivers

Honestly this almost pisses me off more, I assumed it has no in to rout it to the headphones out, and that’s the problem I have with my m:c koala Setup. But now it is clear that my phone (pixel 6a, partially bought under the assumption that the Google pixel line would generally have the best android software experience) is just fucking up. It also stops the playback of local media when the model cycles is running…

Yeah, checked:
Olg lg g6 works like a charm. Bummer. I don’t want to have 2 phones with me, one with a cracked screen, just for that. And it was the point where I stoped thinking of the cycles as a standalone portable machine cause the machines by themselves are simply to sterile/cold without additional sound sources. (For my taste)