USA Based Synth Repair Shop

Apu was boss!

1 Like

I was not apu, he was phased out much later than me. I’m unacceptable by any social standard, not omitted just to downplay my own stereotype :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wes Taggart retired to Florida. which sucks as he used to live pretty damn close to me.

in NYC I know of Armen’s and Patchwork. near there, there’s Belltone in Philly and Three Wave in Jersey. with the size of a Mono Lancet, it may be similar cost to ship versus take a train/bus/cab/uber to the repair spot twice to drop off and pick up.

might be no getting around the base bench fee to see what it needs. just like auto mechanics and contractors… takes time to see what’s wrong and their time is money, just like yours.

2 Likes

Any recommendations in California/Oregon/WA these days? Bay Area would be a plus, I’m in SF.

I know of some places around the Bay, but none that are consistently well-recommended … Anyone who did good work for you all, preferably taking less than 6 months, is of interest to me.

1 Like

I ended up using Belltone. They were fantastic to work with. I don’t think they service new products, i.e. Elecktron or the like, but they were perfect for my 909. Reasonable price and fantastic service. Planning to take my 106 there sometime in the coming months as well.

1 Like

Btw, Philly has a great shop that fixes and services concertinas and such, likely due to the Mummers–at least they contributed that to society although it doesn’t make up for their obnoxious strumming.

1 Like

yes thats Belltone. They are fantastic. Will use them for all vintage gear repair from here on out.

1 Like

Oh, I thought that might be the case. I contacted them a couple times about repairing a really beautiful concertina but it would be too expensive (not because of their rate but the amount of work) sadly.

Electronic Innovations, right outside Detroit