USA Based Synth Repair Shop

Looking for a spot to clean up my 909. Been putting it off for too long now. Can anyone recommend a good shop based in the USA? I’m located on the east coast, but would be willing to ship west, based upon quality of work. The place I last used was in NYC apparently, and apparently they closed doors in 2016. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx,
z

I’ve used Wells Electronics out of Orlando. I’ve found them to be reasonable and highly competent for repairs on anything from discrete electronics to modern samplers. They are the kind of shop that completes the repair job with better than OEM components if possible.

1 Like

Switched On in Austin is well regarded. I use Innermuze in the Detroit area - Jay Beste does really good work (the company is pretty much just him) and I believe he does some long distance repairs.

Since you’re in NYC you could check out Three Wave Music in Hawthorne, NJ - not that far from you. They also have a good reputation.

4 Likes

I can definitely vouch for Switched On. I used to live in Austin and practically lived at that place. They do all sorts of repair work but can be a little slow depending on how big the queue is.

Thanks for the heads-up… I’m in FL and have a SY22 that needs attention.

1 Like

Call a few times after you drop off your SY. They have a tendency to delay unless they get that you have a sense of urgency. Years of working for deadbeat musicians will do that to you. :wink:

1 Like

I believe there’s a place called Belltone works in Philadelphia.

1 Like

I go to Thesis Audio in Wichita when there’s something I can’t or don’t want to work on myself. Good rates and really rapid turnaround. He’s fixed things I never thought would work again.

Any updates to affordable places that repair synths in the US, preferably in NYC? I have a mono lancet that is broken. Not sure what’s wrong with it honestly but no sound comes out. Someone told me of a place but they charge $100 just to look at the ting.

3 Likes

Sent you a PM

1 Like

have you heard of syntaur? I don’t know about pricewise but they’re supposed to be good. you could google them.

3 Likes

If you mean Syntaur, they don’t do repair work for synths they aren’t selling. Their business (last I inquired) was just selling parts or buying and restoring synths that they then sell.*

*EDIT: also, Syntaur is a fantastic resource. :+1:

4 Likes

I’m not sure if he’s still active, but Wes Taggart of Analogics has done some excellent work for me. He’s in Ohio. His site looks as if it hasn’t been updated in decades, but you might try dropping him an email. http://www.analogics.org/

1 Like

I did mean syntaur I think this device learned the word synth and has autocorrected me :smile:

Thank you for catching that, I fixed it. They used to do repairs but oh well, sorry @onthebannedwagon I stand corrected, it’s been a long while

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll look into them. The one place I contacted here in nyc is called patchworks which I am told does good work but would like to get it looked at for a bit less.

1 Like

they spam mail me quite often, I’m sure they’re nice people though.

1 Like

Without spam I wouldn’t have the false hope that someone I wanted to hear from might be contacting me.

2 Likes

aye carumba

1 Like

I feel more like Bleeding Gums Murphy these days…the snus doesn’t help :pleading_face:

1 Like

I’m probably more like one of those less PC characters that got phased out after the first few seasons.

1 Like