Upgrading Digitakt 1.01 Issue - help needed please : )

Hi there

Having a rather challenging morning. I’ve got an older Digitakt in the studio and an updated one. I decided to upgrade the firmware on this older machine which is currently running OS 1.01.

I’m very familiar with how to upgrade firmware on the Digitakt, but I cannot switch on USB MIDI or anything on this machine as it doesn’t feature in the options. It offers a significantly limited series of options compared to my up to date machine and can’t find any solutions online.

I tried using C6 to upgrade but that no longer works on my iOS on the Mac.

If I use Transfer and click on OS Upgrade it just waits and waits but doesn’t receive anything, even though Transfer recognises the Digitakt and displays a window showing the transfer moving. So, it seems I need to switch on USB MIDI but there’s nothing to actually switch on!

Does anyone have any tips on how to upgrade this, or find a way to switch on USB MIDI as there are no options to actually switch it on!

And before I go slightly mad too :grinning:

Thanks!

Welp, this is the thing - you need OS 1.20 before you can upgrade beyond that point due to the added functionality that came with it, that’s why you aren’t finding it in the menu or to have any of the normal options for update working.

So, the bad news is without a copy of OS 1.20 you will never get past this hump. The good news is happy birthday merry christmas, I have a copy of OS 1.20 for you.

Digitakt_OS1.20.zip (1.5 MB)

I believe to make this work you’ll need to follow the directions for doing a sysex OS upgrade via transfer as detailed here:

Of course, after this you can move to the current OS and upgrade in the standard way. I think you should be able to do the rest on your own but let me know how that works for you, cheers.

9 Likes

Wow. THANK YOU!
That’s amazing. It felt like a part of the puzzle was missing, but this is fantastic. Off to try it now.
This is so very much appreciated!

:heart:

1 Like

No worries, let me know how you get on with it. I think it will be fine though, I went through this exact situation with one of my digitakts some time back so I can validate that the information is true.

1 Like

And less than 5 mins later it’s all up to date!!
Honestly, I spent almost 2 hours trying to find out what was going on, thinking for a moment that I was going a little crazy, and that’s all it took.

Thanks for getting me over the hump @shigginpit - very much appreciated indeed.
Good to leave this here for others in case they are equally challenged I imagine.

3 Likes

Alls well that ends well, as they say. Good to move on with your day with a smile on your face, happy to be of service.

4 Likes