Upgrade failed

Hi all,

I had the opportunity to acquire a second mk1 at a reasonable price, as it still has OS 1.12 on it, I wanted to upgrade to 1.50 from the one installed on my other mk1. So I connect midi out to the one in 1.50 and midi in to the one in 1.12
I go to the md menu then select midi up on 1.12 and send upgrade on 1.50 but at this moment 1.12 immediately shows me upgrade failed, switch off.

Any idea ?

And someone could tell me if all the mk1 are in ac because the one i get for several years as a power supply in dc and work well.

Thanks

If you have installed OS 1.31 or above you can experience the speed of the Elek- tron TurboCharge protocol. You will need to have the MIDI IN port of the receiving machine connected to the MIDI OUT port of the transmitting machine and vice versa for this to function.

your other unit is probably trying to send at turbo speed, whereas your new unit isn’t ready for this yet.

best to upgrade from a midi interface.

but other questions arise, are you truly happy in 1.50 land!?!?!?!?!?!?
as for using DC on a mk1… i’d recommend a correctly SPEC’d PSU if you can…

There’s a guy building mk1 power supplies here:

1 Like

Yeah 110 euros for a psu…

Thanks i understand that.

I will try to go via pc

Go X :nerd_face:

1 Like

I paid this chap £100 for this PSU a couple of months ago. It’s a very well built device and we had very good communication throughout the process. It’s not just a PSU, it’s a very well built PSU specifically designed for the Machinedrum MK1 units which performs flawlessly.

This is the way. No idea why anyone would stick with the stock Elektron FW in this day and age.

1 Like