Upgrade Failed Checksum Error

Hi all,

Just received my Analog Heat and can’t wait to get using it via Overbridge but having some big problems trying to do the required firmware update. I’m using C6 to send the 1.02 update to the Analog Heat via USB but every time I try it comes up with: Upgrade Failed Checksum Error.

This can happen 5% into it, 50% into it, basically no rhyme or reason. I’ve tried numerous different configurations with the software, re-downloading the update, trying different USB leads, restarting my computer, removing other devices. Nothing seems to work to make the update succeed.

I’ve tried Googling and come across a couple of posts but none of the suggestions in there seemed to help at all either. Have to say I’m quite new to updating devices this way so hasn’t been the easiest to get my head around it but I’m sure there must be some simple setting or reason why it just keeps failing like this.

Any ideas?

Do you have your DAW or Overbridge running while attempting the update?

Also what computer OS are you running?

No, I have nothing else running at the moment - just the C6 that’s it.

Macbook Pro
macOS Sierra 10.12.4

Just updated to 10.12.5, had no effect either.

Double check the downloaded file? Could have become corrupt somehow ?

Pretty sure folks have complained about Sierra and AH in other threads - you might have to revert to an older OS to get it running. I’m on Yosemite 10.10.5 and it runs/updated 1.02 OK.

Sending a simple midi file shouldn’t really pose an issue on any OS

Try setting up to send by DIN Midi if you have the option after you re-download the firmware - or go through all your settings methodically to ensure they follow the instructions in the release notes

Seems odd to just receive it and need to upgrade unless it’s been sat somewhere a long time btw … current version is shown when you boot up (lcd bottom right normally)

Best not put it in OB mode in USB settings and try to have as little running, and connected as possible when in doubt, putting in a hub between device and mac port may help if there’s USB gremlins at play

It’s a brand new MacBook I bought just a month ago so it came with Sierra :frowning:

However, just thought I’d try it on another MacBook I have running the same version of Sierra and it’s just worked!! Apart from one being newer than the other they’re pretty much the same spec, am now quite confused as to what the issue is with my main machine.

Thanks for the help though!

3 Likes

Now I’ve got issues with Overbridge, if it isn’t one thing it’s another! lol