Updated Digitakt + Overbridge - Overbridge not seeing Digitakt

As stated, I’ve updated Digitakt to 1.50 and then tried to record into Cubase via Overbridge. When that failed I noticed there was a new version of Overbridge.

Unintalled old overbridge, installed new version.

Now Overbridge isn’t seeing the Digitakt in the VST. Transfer isn’t seeing the Digitakt either. Overbridge engine is showing up as “Idle”. Cubase 12 can’t find the audio interface. Bitwig can’t either.

I’ve moved the USB cable to another port, still no luck. Tried a different cable, same thing. USB Config set to “Overbridge”. Windows 10.

Everything was working fine yesterday prior to updating.

Any ideas?

Update: Had a little look under Devices on the PC. I’m not very technical but the Digitakt as a device showed up as one of the devices against a USB port. Clicked on that, noticed that when I clicked on “Driver details” it told me “No driver files are required or have been found”. I checked on the Overbridge program folder on the PC and found driver folders including a folder for USB. 3 files within that dated 28/2/2023.

How do I get it to use those drivers?

2 Likes

I had something like this on a macbook when I updated. I did the following and don’t know what worked so maybe try them in the opposite order from me in case step 1 is not necessary.

1. I used the new uninstaller to remove OB rather than the one I already had on my machine, then installed the new OB again.

2. This feels like a kinda dumb thing but I never really have to do it in the ‘modern age’ - actually physically restarted my computer.

3. Profit!

Not sure if this will help you but it’s how mine worked.

Tried the uninstall / re-install, it didn’t help. Have restarted multiple times now . :frowning:

Having exactly the same problem too. I’ve raised a ticket as I’ve tried everything - I wouldn’t have updated Overbridge but it forces you to do it…

I had this issue with previous Overbridge release, in my case the firewall was blocking communications between Digitakt and DAW. If you are using any type of firewall, be sure to have port open

i currently have this problem. Im using DT with OB and ableton 9 as my daw. i have it set to ASIO but im not getting an option for DT or any elektron boxes!

I was thinking maybe it was a problem using ableton 9 because its so old and before i updated OB i was getting an insane amount of glitching when listening to audio back through the DT even with the buffer speed increased

Hello,
I had the same bug on windows after upgrading overbridge.
What worked for me to fix it :
1/go to device manager in windows
2/ If the Digitakt is not setup correctly, it should pop at the top list of devices.
3/ Select Digitakt and click on install driver
4/ Select the directory of overbridge installation like C:\Program Files\Elektron Overbridge\Drivers\USB
5/ Windows should install the driver and Digitakt should be seen by overbridge.

1 Like

I just had the same exact issue with Syntakt not showing up in Overbridge. For me, Digitakt & Digitone are working just fine. In Windows 11, the Device Manager didn’t show Syntakt. The only time i could see Syntakt there if I switched USB Config on my Syntakt from Overbridge to either MIDI or MIDI/Audio.

What workfed for me is mostly the steps which @blaize provided, with slight changes due to not seeing Syntakt in the Device Manager. So steps that worked for me were:

1. Open up Device Manager
  2. Pull down Action and click “Add Drivers”
  3. For “Choose a location to search for drivers” select “C:\Program Files\Elektron Overbridge\Drivers\USB”
  4. Click “Next” to install the driver.

Immediately after this, Syntakt showed up in Overbridge and worked just fine.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this.
Helped me a lot!

1 Like