Unwanted Volume Swells? Chaining Across Banks?

Hi everybody,

I’ve had my M:C for two weeks now, being basically a guitarist trying to arrange old and new song ideas. The only other synth-type machine I own is an Alesis SR18, so I’m generally rather clueless compared to you folks, I guess. I’m pretty impressed by the M:C, though. Wow!

From a list of items that I drew up in the process of acquainting myself with the machine, I’m currently left with two questions and one comment.

QUESTION 1 (page 29 of manual): Whenever I try to increase the duration of recorded notes by increasing note length (Len) in the TRIG NOTE MENU plus activating GATE, I end up getting a volume swell along with the note extension. I there a way to prolong notes while keeping the volume strictly constant?

QUESTION 2 (page 34 of manual): I am able to chain patterns for replaying within banks but not across banks, although the manual indicates this should be possible. Is this just me?

COMMENT regarding page 25 of manual: Am I right that in “Patterns can be changed and queued by sending program change messages”, queued should really read cued? (No nitpicking, but this one is tricky).

Once again, highly satisfied overall, and TIA for any pointers!

It’s a rad and quick instrument! I hope you have a great time learning it.

Maybe you still have the punch active on the track? Its the button that looks like a boxing glove that has the QUANTIZE shortcut underneath. It does affects amp stuff to the sounds and on a long note may make a noticeable difference on the volume as it plays.
That, or an LFO is already active and affecting the volume + distortion.

Regarding you other questions, sorry, I don’t do the pattern chaining so I’m inexperienced with the details there. I’ll try some out tonight though and see what happens.

And cue/queue may just depend on what part of the English speaking world you’re from. :wink:

I’m on lunch and I’ve thought more about the Qs.

Maybe the use of “queued” here is not the signal this event to play immediately type, but the lineup usage. Like you can form a queue of patterns to play out in succession like pattern chaining.

The more I learn about other languages, the more I am reminded how languages (particularity English) break their own rules all the time.