Unique dirty, raw, fun synths?

+1 Make Noise 0-Coast

1 Like

That’s probably crazy!

1 Like

It sounds so good! Instant, controllable screaming distorted feedback with a filter :+1:

1 Like

+1 for the Pulsar-23. The Bass channel is a standalone synth which can be controlled via MIDI and modulated. It sounds excellent and is super raw.

Probably one of my faves, almost perfect IMHO the way the filter breaks up, sound like interdimensional rifts tearing through the fabric of consciousness, or something :laughing:

11 Likes

…gonna touchbend my enner before this x mas…

it’s on it’s way to me…from russia…with love …

and that THING is the most unique, the most dirty, the most raw, the most fun, the most weird, the most chaotic, the most otherworldly, the most supersurprisingly transforming fx sonic accoustic piezo multilingual talkin’, wooden boxed analog synth i can imagine…

2 Likes

Always dirty always raw always fun. Unique? Yeah it really is.

9 Likes

Nobody mentioned the Dreadbox Typhon?
Well, if that things not considered cool anymore then I wanna be square.
I love mine.
On the cheaper end, but I think they’ve gone up a bit.
It’s one I will keep forevs

1 Like

Indeed the Serge systems are quite unique animals (as the name of some panels suggest hahaha). This config with the Mantra and TKB is such a crazy instrument, the second video you posted is actualy from me (Wired Brain is a friend and myself doing synth videos).

1 Like

I really took note of those oscillators and have been lusting after the Typhon. They sound super raw and interesting to me and I’ve had a ton of gear over the years. I just added the DT and DK so I’m feeling hesitant to add more to my new setup but obviously those analog osc would fill that gap nicely.

1 Like

Good move on the Digitone Keys… i feel like its more of an instrument than the desktop module.
I am constantly using the Typhon in tandem with the DKN, sampling the bejeezus out of it with the OT…
It really works well the the Elektrons.

1 Like

Nice! Yes, they are amazing!
Only played few times on SB and in store with a random source “easel”, was quite impressed!
However, keep using my BEMI easel and don’t want to change that ats : )

I never tried a Buchla Easel but i’m pretty sure it can fall into the category of this thread as well.

3 Likes

Unique, raw, dirty and fun? MEGAfm would be one of my first choices here.

Also, I like Polyend / Dreadbox Medusa a lot for raw and dirty sounds.

With a little help from external effects, both units convinced me with a very particular sound that I found quite refreshing.

4 Likes

Great stuff, although most of those sounds could be achieved with the Baby Box on its own tbh. Its an amazing little box of tricks.

1 Like

Those patches sound great! I have often wondered on swapping VolcaFM for MEGA…

2 Likes

GDC truly is unique.
I stupidly sold my ammo can ages ago but at least I have the pedal.

3 Likes

If you can find one and afford one the Rozzbox one

And knas polygamist

1 Like

Not my video but I have one.

Have you seen this: https://youtu.be/gZgcHnIneqw

Not the same, bur cheaper and hands on and super raw sounding!

1 Like