Understanding Kits, Tracks and Sounds

you also need to populate the Sound Lock area with sounds in a new proj - same workaround as above should help - copy a project that you want to be a template

1 Like

I’ve been playing with a new analog four mk2 and while I’m loving it, coming from an OT and the Digi boxes is confusing me with Patterns and kits, and I keep wiping over things I’ve previously made by accident.

What’s the best way to save patterns and kits together?

does a kit automatically link to a pattern?

Patterns will have a kit association or will use the current one if not explicitly saved

A pattern can only link to one Kit, which can be changed (and then saving the pattern will consolidate the link)

A kit can be linked to many patterns, so if you have two with the same kit, changes in the kit will manifest in two places.

If you don’t want that you need to save a unique kit for each pattern.

Some people have created so called Tabula Rasa projects where this linear 1:1 association is already set up so that changing to a different Pattern will always load its own Kit

Sounds are not a linked part of Kits, they are divorced when pulled into a Kit. A Kit is kinda autonomous and can be updated, but you need to be careful about which other places it is potentially used.

The advantages of using a single Kit across Multiple patterns should be obvious for continuity purposes.

1 Like